“My amazing stay in macgregor point”

Macgregor Point Provincial Park
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My amazing stay in macgregor point”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

It's a wonderful place to go with lots of wild life but if you want to see more animals camp in the non electrical sites because its a lot quieter I didn't think non electrical would be that great but by the end it was amazing I saw a porcupine,raccoons,possums, and a snapping turtle at the front gate. So out of all it was an amazing place to stay

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Meme635

Mississauga, Canada
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“MacGregor Point is Great!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed in new yurt 74 in Algonquin - larger yurt than older ones with solid floor more windows new beds and lighting in yurt! Large covered porch fits 1 of 2 picnic tables on site and bbq on great large and private lot. Incredibly close to toilet and shower and water - everything convenient and clean! Kids loved playground and hiked tower trail and boardwalk huron fringe and part of old shore road trail - saw frogs, turtles, minnows, tadpoles, dragonflies, snakes, and raccoons! Kids had amazing time on bikes and saw deer on Deer Run Trail! Campers Beach not the best but 5min drive down bruce county road 25/CAW road is gobble beach - NO CROWDS! and krystal clean water! Beautiful sunsets from Sunset Point! Only downside would be the pilot light on gas stove keeps yurt a little too warm. Visitors Center is a little old. They do rent bikes if you don't have and there is a well stocked park store as well as a Wal-Mart five minutes away. Be sure to check out Lord Elgin fish and chips!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank misled m
Port Elgin, Canada
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Snowshoeing sensation!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I went for a snowshoe here in January and had a great time. It was very picturesque and calm, just what I was looking for. Only downsides were the $6 to park the car and there weren't many maps around the area which led to a quick wander to find our bearings.

Visited January 2013
Owen Sound, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Hidden gem on Lake Huron”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We used to camp here all the time when our kid were young, great park.
Nice beaches. We always thought the day beach was nicer that the campers beach or if you bike down the old shore road a bit you can get a beach all to your self

3 Thank Eamon F
St. Catharines, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Good - but not great.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Visited May 2013 - My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights with our dogs. We chose site 34 in the Algonquin/ Ashwood section of the park. All sites were pretty private, including ours which had a small pond a good distance behind us. Staff were friendly and bathrooms, sites and park were well maintained. A porcupine wandered over to our site in the evening. He climbed a tree and began to eat. He took his time leaving the area - I was just glad the dogs were inside the trailer. Not that it bothered us at all, but we did hear a rowdy group of people not far from us. It was well passed 11pm and it didn't seem as though the staff did anything about the noise. Whether it be that no one complained or that there wasn't many people camping - either way it didn't bother us, but I see how it could to some. If you've read the other comments I'm sure you know that there is no beach area. It's all rock. Myself, I'm not a beach type person. It was cool to find interesting rocks and pebbles. They did have an area that said dogs could run, but it was just the rocky beach. Not fenced in or clearly marked as to exactly where it's okay to let your dogs roam. Our poor girls didn't get to run in the water and then roll on the beach, like they always do. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at MacGregor Point and would recommend it to all campers.

Happy Camping!