“Slow service, then no food!”
Review of Union Burger - CLOSED

Union Burger
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: UB is the perfect union. Fresh burgers and hand cut fries. Flavour and variety. Freshness and fun. And... UB is an attitude. Engaging. Memorable. And Eclectic.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I like Union Burger however, we won't eat there again after today. The service has always been slow since they opened but today, I had to ask for my money back and leave. My daughter and I stopped for a quick lunch, ordered a vanilla shake, root beer, large fry and gravy and a poutine. Pretty simple, quick order. The girl who served me had no customer skills. She said to me "do you need more time" while I stood back waiting for her to ask if she could help me! I gave the order, paid my $15.87 (expensive) and we sat and waited. After almost 30 minutes and 2 families receiving their food before us (they came after us) I went to the counter and asked for my money back. The young girl asked if I got my order which I hadn't. After she talked to her co-workers through her headset twice, I insisted I wanted my money back. She didnt know how to give a refund. I got my $15.87 back and went went to MacDonalds. Fast efficient service like always! What a shame for Union Burger. I will be compaining to the franchisee and Corporate Union Burger. Get your act together.....PLEASE! You have a nice clean modern restaurant that could be so much better!

4  Thank fireman31welder

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went to UB because Crabby Joes was way too busy. Food was okay. Overall the burger was good but the patty didn't seem to have its own distinct flavourful. The cook forgot the bacon and cheese on my burger and when I took it back to the counter to let them know I heard him acknowledge that he had forgotten to put it on as he still had the bacon on the grill. Now if you knew you forgot to put these toppings on a burger why wouldn't you be proactive and let the customer know rather than wait for them to complain about it? A bit pricey but a step up from McDonalds.

1  Thank Diane G
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Union Burger's food has always impressed me. I've tried the specialty burgers, the chicken sandwich, the chili dogs and the poutine and it was all very good.

I have not had one bad experience here and I've probably been there a dozen times since they opened. I'm surprised that other reviewers gave lower scores.

It is a lot like a burger you would make yourself at home and that's why I like it. It is pricey compared to the competition, but they are by no means cheap either.

2  Thank ERonholm
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stopped for lunch on Monday on our way to our cottage. My wife had a salad which was fine. I had a burger combo the burgers and fries where cold a I think the cost of lunch was over 17$. We where two of six people in the store around noon. I asked the girl behind the counter if she could turn down the tunes a little and was told she could. Not. To bad it looks good. But it will not last long.

3  Thank bluejforest
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Burgers are amazing(depending on the cook), sweet potato fries are sub-par(often cold). Very pricey unless you go after 8pm it's half-price(I've only been there after 8pm). Big menu(lots of toppings) Some are free toppings, some cost you extra.

3  Thank PE_foodcritic