“eat before you go”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Might be a great date restaurant, not a great family restaurant. Portions are small. Our fettucine with chicken and pine nuts had about four slivers of chicken and six pine nuts. Our party also ordered the fusilli with sausage... they did get more sausage then we got chicken, but they were not satisfied with their meal either. Waiters said the plates were hot.... not really, and the food was tepid, cooled off quickly. Waited over half an hour for the entree. Did not order appetizers as we wanted dessert but we did not bother after eating an 18 dollar entree that was more like an appetizer. For five of us (three of whom were big guys in their 20s) they brought two large buns sliced up for bread. Had to ask for more.
If we had also bought appetizer (8-15 dollars) might have been enough of a meal. Noisy too... barman crashed a bunch of ice into the sink or something, 10 feet from our table. People sitting at that same bar at one point, could hear their every word they said.
The restaurant was busy though. We called asking for a 6:30 reservation and had to wait til 7:30, Birthday party going on in the back part of the restaurant. Also noisy.

3  Thank Doris C

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We hoped they would change their menu. Nope. Still over priced for average food. I know the new owners spent a lot of money purchasing this turn key business but the quality does not add up for the prices charged. Even prior to it's selling, it was over priced. Money is flowing through the town as it once was.

Hopefully they take this feedback seriously.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have been to the Rosina restaurant three times. Once my meal was cold, once I did not enjoy my selection, and the other time the meal was just okay. Each time I felt that the value for the price was not there. Each of the times I left feeling like I was still a little hungry.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

best italian food in the area, good service, nice atmosphere. Owner usually drops by to ensure all is well.

2  Thank Andy B
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went once the food was OK (shortly after restaurant opened), 2nd. time food was excellent 3rd. time pickerel was poorly cooked and staff argued rather than acknowledging and trying to please.