“Can I get a little service???”
Review of reeb house

reeb house
Ranked #40 of 64 Restaurants in Port Colborne
Cuisines: Canadian, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been to the "Reeber" several times as I am a local resident of Port. Before the place burned to the ground everyone would tell me about the 'awesome wings.' So, when they re-opened I was excited to give em a try. Lets just say that I was less than satisfied. If it wasn't for the fact that I have friends that drag me to this establishment, I would have never returned after the first visit. Every time it is the same story... AWFUL SERVICE!!!! A word to the wise, when you order your first drink, order 3 because you won't be seeing your waitress again until you get your food (which is sub-par). As a server, I have compassion for those who serve. I know what it's like to be in the weeds, however simple staffing issues is not the reeb house's only problem. Perhaps if my waitress had personality or seem excited to be at work, I would have been more likely to empathize with her.
As for the food... I have never left there thinking, "wow! what a great meal!" The last time my husband and I were there I ordered deep fried dills as an app (which were the best part of the meal. But then again, how to you screw up dills!!!) I had a steak sub with sweet potato fries. The bun was hard, the steak chunks were so thick my jaw was in pain afterwards, and I wasn't even interested in finishing it. I asked for mayo with my sub, and had to re-ask for it after getting my meal (which took about 5-7 mins for her to bring it back to my table). The potato fries and dip were actually pretty good. My husband ordered a poutine, which was more like a few awfully cooked fries in a sea of gravy with a wee bit of cheese added on top.
Needless to say, I have never enjoyed their food and probably never will. There is a good chance I will have to go there again, but I'll eat before I go.

3  Thank MC123_13
There are newer reviews for reeb house

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Best wings outside of Buffalo, hands down. Great take out to bring into Sherkston instead of going to crappy restaurant in the park.

1  Thank billyjakk
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The food was nothing special. Our waitress was so rude to us! Would have been a much better experience if the server wasn't so horrible!

2  Thank Warmel
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I love the Reeb. Here are a few tricks to enhance your experience: 1) go after the dinner rush 2) order the wings crispy, hot and extra saucy and 3) order the pizza extra saucy too. Be prepared for a fun, unpretentious time.

2  Thank freshmonkey
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Terrible service, unfriendly atmosphere, worst food quality I have encountered (Especially the nachos) UGH! Way over-rated and wonder why people settle for just so-so wings and go abck. No taste in better quality food service.

3  Thank louiscgallo