“Wonderful evening and meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Reservations, Seating
St. Catharines, Canada
“Wonderful evening and meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Great Hospitality and wonderful food. We look forward to going back.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank D F

Williamsville, NY
“A Fabulous Place to Eat and Relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

This is a fabulous place!! Friendly, and the food is wonderful!! I look forward to visiting whenever I arrive across the border.

• Visited September 2010
3 Thank outlookm
Edmonton, Canada
“Absolute Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

My family are residents of the Niagara Region and had been there 3 times, enjoying themselves immensely each time.We came from out of town and they were excited to repeat their positive experience. It was a 45 minute drive from Niagara Falls and we went out of our way to go to the restaurant. When we arrived, we were the only table but yet, were not seated at the window (we were placed near the bar and as close to the door as possible without getting wet from the rain). This is a restaurant where one of the features is to be able to look out the window and birdwatch. Because it was a 4:30 reservation the restaurant was empty. We were met with indifference by the owner and it was apparent we were an inconvenience to her. She was rude to more than one of our guests when questioned about the menu features (like does the pickeral come with vegetables and what is gump shrimp). She rushed our order, trying to take food orders before all our guests had even arrived - even though we told her that there were 2 birthdays at the table and reminded her that some people had not even had a chance to look at the menu. Her frostiness disappeared momentarily when we ordered 2 litres of wine (could it be the huge markup of the wine price). My wine glass had a lipstick imprint on it and when asked for a new glass she huffed and informed me that all their glasses were washed at 180 degrees, like that would make a difference - dirty is dirty. Everything was rushed, yet a table of 2 (not 8 like us) came in and she catered to them exclusively. The food was great, but the service was awful and because of this we will never return. We also will not ever recommend this restaurant to friends and out of town guests.

This restaurant has a potential to get really good reviews because the food was pretty good, the view from the window is nice (from what we could see) but they really need to work at providing much better service. Our total bill was $310 for 7 adults, one child - at this price we should not have been treated so poorly.

• Visited April 2011
4 Thank blueskies100
Burlington, Canada
“No Vegetarian Options at all!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

I went to the restaurant with my boyfriend for his birthday with his parents over the weekend. We were the only table in the restaurant for the first 20 minutes and then during the time we were there only 2 other tables arrived. I am a vegetarian and there was not a single option for me to eat - have you ever seen a menu with no vegetarian plate option? not even a pasta dish....
I ended up ordering from the SIDES portion of the menu. A side order of rice and a side order of grilled vegetables. The others at my table ordered steaks. They all received their meals and I was left waiting for at least 5-7 minutes for my food. When it did come, it was in two separte side dishes - a side dish of small rice and a side dish or small vegetables. They coudn't even put it on one meal sized plate for me. She went around the table and asked how the steaks were and asked if anyone wanted a drink. She did not ask me about my dinner or for a drink, the same thing happened when it was time to order dessert. It was like I was no existent. Opposed to what I would normally do, I just sat and smiled and thanked her for bringing me my food because it was my boyfriends birthday and I did not want to make a scene. If you don't eat meat - you are not welcome at Sugar's Too.

3 Thank GrapeDot
Pittsburgh, PA
“Unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

I would consider driving 4 hours just to have dinner there...It's a husband and wife operation. Stan cooks and Judy bakes and waits on customers. Stan can cook...plain and simple. The perch is perfect everytime. He can also work wonders with shrimp. Judy's desserts are great...especially her pecan pie. The ambience is great as well. You won't be disappointed in the food or ambience.

2 Thank bja37