“excellent perch, pickerel and fries.”

Minor Fisheries Ltd.
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Minor Fisheries Ltd. Family owned and operating in Port Colborne since 1979! The Freshest Catch in Port! Local fresh caught fish, French fries and seafood. Dine on our outdoor patio overlooking the picturesque canal with view of the lift bridge, ships, sail boats and historical West Street. Located in beautiful down town Port Colborne Ontario. Take out also available. Visit our website to download our menu today!
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is so cool. old style take out fish and chips, Right on the canal. sometimes we pick it up and take it to the park on the waterfront with a bottle of wine and watch the zipline wakeboard guys at the marina. Fun times. excellent food.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I come here for the freshest fish in Town. Whether you eat-in or get a take-out you can't go wrong.I love the pickerel and my wife loves the perch and shrimp.They have daily specials and now serve beer.

2  Thank Dan W
Reviewed June 8, 2013

While showing some of my Toronto friends my old stomping grounds I wanted to take them a place for lunch where we could get a decent perch dinner. Port Dover was out of the way so I hoped to find something between Dunnville and Port Colborne. Quick internet searches revealed Minor Fisheries situated right along the Welland Canal. There is nothing fancy about this place but that's exactly what i was looking for. I was more interested in the quality of the food.

The service was fast and friendly. We all ordered the Perch Dinner and went outside to the patio where we waited for our food. We didn't have to wait long. The perch had a light crunchy coating rather than the typical doughy batter. This really helped highlight the freshness and tastiness of the perch. The coleslaw served with the meal was also very good; one of the best coleslaws I've had. My friends (who had never had perch) were quite pleased with their meals as well.

After the meal we went back into the building and bought some smoked salmon. They also had smoked pickerel and trout as well as fresh fish. If you are visiting from outside of Port Colborne and like fresh fish then I suggest bringing a small cooler with ice that will keep the fish cold until you return home.

1  Thank mig-admin
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Minor Fisheries always had great fish and chips. This is the place to go in Port Colborne for fresh fish. I just noticed this spring that they are serving beer. What could be better that beer with a great meal.

1  Thank Dan W
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Not to much to dislike here.The people that work there are polite and friendly.Nice patio to sitt and watch the boats go by.The fish is as fresh as if you catch it.The price is so low you'd wonder how they could stay open.