“Smokin HOT !!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kitchener, Canada
“Smokin HOT !!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were in Port Colborne for a weekend getaway in early June and was recommended to try the Buddha by the owners of our B&B (lakebreeze)

We were 2 couples and call early Saturday morning and were able to get a reservation for the same night around 5:30....

We had heard that this restaurant had been featured in the Food Network's " You Gotta Eat here" so we wanted to give it a try

When we first arrived the place was jammed full and our table wasn't quite ready..... We ordered a drink and stood out on the patio while they cleared our table... A 5 min wait.....so no big deal.

We sat at an outside booth which seats 4. The place is loud and full of energy but totally in a good way. Our server greeted us promptly and noticed we already had drinks, so dropped off 4 menus and gave us some time to look it over.

The food in this place is absolutely amazing.... so full of wonderful flavours..... If you prefer bland foods this isn't the place for you....

Our favorites were the Green Thai Curry, The yellow Curry and the Korean Beef Noodles (which we found out was one of the feature dishes on the TV show.... We did ask our server which dishes were featured and she did not know.... Which is surprising. Why not promote this to your customers.... Really the only negative thing in an otherwise perfect meal..... The food was sooo good that we were talking about it at breakfast the following day it was that memorable....

When the owner found out that one of our dinner companions was in the bread/cake business, he brought us some samplers for us to try for feedback.....(on the house of course)

There is a reason this place is #1 . Come here if you are in the area. You wont be disappointed

• Visited June 2013

Canada
“Truly wonderful food and great customer service!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family and I took the day and drove down to Port Colborne for the day. We specifically wanted to try out The Smokin' Buddha as we saw it on YGEH! And once again YGEH did not steer us wrong. The appy's were amazing. And the main course was great. I had an amazing panang curry and Singha beer! It was like I was sitting in a place on Khao San Road! And just like in Thailand I challenged the chef to make it too hot for me! Well it was hot but not hot enough...... So the chef made up this amazing pepper sauce for me in a few minutes! It wasn't a difficult sauce but he had some great peppers! That put the scoville units right where I wanted it! I then asked for and was allowed to buy a container of the sauce that the chef made up just for me! Thanks You Sir!

Visited June 2013
Niagara Falls, Canada
“ranked #1 for a reason!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Dinner time is quite busy and often requires a reservation, so I prefer to visit during lunch.
I've noticed that the lunch menu changes quite often, offering unique choices.
I thought that the food was fresh and quite authentic...no heat-n-serve products here!
The buiding is a former train station which has been converted into a restaurant. It's tucked between a little strip mall and a large commercial building, so it's easy to overlook.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank David K
“Perfect lunch”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We sat in the barebones patio, which it's quite charming. My spouse ordered the pulled pork pockets. They came with a mango salsa, so i had to pass- i'm allergic to mangoes. I ordered a crab appetizer, and a bowl of tapenade. Huge amount - couldnt finish it.
What was really sweet was that the server brought me a complimentary pulled pork pocket without the mango. He must have overheard me whine about it.
Lovely mail and wonderful service. Thank you guys for a great lunch. We 'll be back!

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Farmer Connie M
Ontario
“Great food in Port”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We tried Smokin Buddha tonight for the first time and left kickng ourselves for not trying it sooner! The Chevon Roti (goat) was served with a delicious tamarind sauce, spicy and sweet! Hubby had the Korean Beef Noodle bowl and raved about it. The Bulgogi was delicious though I would have loved more sauce to season the rice. The 7 layer chocolate cake was so decadent I may have dreams about it later tonight. All in all, it was a fabulous meal.

• Visited June 2013