“Excellent food, amazing service and GREAT atmosphere.”
Review of @27 - CLOSED

@27
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Welland, Canada
“Excellent food, amazing service and GREAT atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've been to @27 multiple times, with each experience exceeding the last. When I go for lunch I usually get the same server. She's always cheerful and lovely to talk to. As for the food, it was incredible. I highly recommend the bacon wrapped filet or any of the pastas and sandwiches. The chef really knows how to make a great meal. Lastly, the environment. The lighting is dimmed and the music is enjoyable, which provides the elegant feel, making it more comfortable to converse and have a relaxing time.

I would recommend this restaurant to any couple or dinner party looking for a nice night out.

• Visited December 2012

Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada
“Great meal, good service!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Knowing the mixed reviews (both here on Tripadvisor and through friends and family), I was hesitant to come for dinner. We had a gift certificate, however, and thought we'd try it with my parents.

We THOROUGHLY enjoyed our meal - all of us. My mother and I both had the Bacon-wrapped filet mignon and they were both cooked perfectly - mine was rare, my mom's was med-well. The potatoes and vegetables were delicious. My husband had the roasted chicken, and loved every bite, and my husband raved about his mushroom ravioli.

We did not have dessert.

The service was good.

• Visited December 2012
Ontario, Canada
“Food was very good...too bad the service didn't match....”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went here for the first time with my spouse for dinner on a Saturday night. Had always wanted to try this place but hesitated due to the long drive to Port Colborne. When we arrived we were seated in an empty dining room. It felt a bit odd since it sounded like there were a lot of people dining elsewhere in the restaurant. Within half an hour our room began to fill up which made us feel more comfortable in terms of talking in a regular speaking voice. The atmosphere was very pleasant and lighting was good - not too bright.

Our server was nice and fairly attentive. We took our time deciding what to choose and when placing the order we were informed by the waitress that they were issuing a new menu the following week and consequently, the item I had chosen to order was no longer on the menu. I think it would have been nicer to inform us of these changes ahead of time! All of the food we ordered was delicious. I had no complaints about taste or quality of the food, which is rare. We did however run into the same problem with dessert. The waitress verbally told us the dessert selections as there is no set dessert menu. We chose to split a piece of cheesecake. After ordering she came back to inform us that the cheesecake we had ordered was sold out. A bit annoying that she didn't check before telling us what they were offering.

The most disappointing part of the evening was when the waitress brought us our cheque. We didn't request it and had barely taken a bite of our dessert or a sip of our coffee. We thought it was rude especially since this is such a small restaurant, there is only one seating for dinner...meaning that there weren't other people waiting for our table...so why were they rushing us out the door? It's not expected especially when you are spending upwards of $150 on a special night out! To add injury to insult, the owner(?) came to the table with the debit machine without us even indicating we were ready to pay! We hadn't even looked at the bill yet or half finished our dessert! We felt so uncomfortable and surprised that we did pay on the spot instead of just telling him we weren't ready. Looking back, I wish I had said something to him about this. We finished up and got the hell out of there.

Bottom Line: Food was excellent but could also be found at a restaurant closer to my home and the owner/waitstaff could use some lessons on putting guests needs first.

P.S. to the woman seated at the table next to us who was using her iPad during dinner...do us all a favour and turn off the sound so that we don't have to hear clicking while you are typing in the middle of the dining room! You were the ultimate in rudeness to your fellow diners!!!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank aerope
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Not worth the drive to Port Colborne”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Don't drive out of your way for this restaurant. Had the shrimp pastas-cheap supermarket shrimp
with bland sauce. Over-priced and over-rated.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank Paul M
Linda S, Owner at @27, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
First of all, as a business owner, it is so important to make sure your customer leaves your business happy and satisfied. Not being given an opportunity to do this is really a problem, especially when that customer writes about their unhappy experience.
If you did not like your pasta (our raw shrimp are 16/20 and not available in retail stores) then you as the consumer should say something. Our shrimp pasta dish is made with fresh tomatoes, herbs and spices...it is not a canned sauce, so sometimes, the tomatoes are not as ripe as they should be, and require more seasoning. We would have been more than happy to redo your pasta or allow you to make another choice rather than have you leave unhappy. To say after 1 tried menu item that people should not come to our business after you did not allow us to recitify the problem is totally unfair. Have you never gotten a bad hair cut or cold fries or undercooked steak at any of the regular businesses you frequent? You have most likely gone back again, without posting it on Trip Advisor....we would love for you to give us another chance...
Hamilton, Ont
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the second time we have totally enjoyed this restaurant in Port Colborne, Ontario. We were again with friends and had lunch there on August 31. The waitress was extremely pleasant and attentive. The food was extremely good and we raved about that very fact. I have to say that it is probably the best lunchtime meal I have had in a restaurant anywhere. I heartily recommend anyone in the area give it a try.

• Visited August 2012