“Was hoping for so much more...”
Review of @27 - CLOSED

@27
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
canada
“Was hoping for so much more...”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I soooo wanted to love this place as a regular "date night" destination as we are new to the area. We went on our anniversary - ordered champagne (sparkling wine) and it was served in a white wine glass...that is a first for me at a decent restaurant. Asked for champagne flutes....they were eventually brought over. I ordered a seafood pasta and my husband ordered the special which was a steak and seafood. My meal was served hot and tasted very good! My husband's steak was COLD...although the plate was warm as it even looked like it had been sitting waiting for quite some time. Informed the server in regards to the steak being cold and was told "no problem - but when it comes back it will be cooked medium well or well rather than the medium that you ordered"...WOW...we were almost embarrassed for the place at this point! I finished...and shared my meal with my husband as he waited. Steak came back, well done and with the original sides looking very yucky after sitting and forming a "crust". Sadly, we will be making longer drives for "upscale dining" rather than going back! Atmosphere is very nice and as i said i wish we had a better experience. I have thought about returning just due to the convenience factor but whenever I think about it Ii remember (or am reminded) how awful the overall experience was.

• Visited November 2011
6 Thank k2travel

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Not expensive but definitely upscale”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

It's not what I expected from the outside; very nicely decorated and relaxed casual/dressy dining. Good food, great service, a bit overpriced but not too bad.

Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada
“Thoroughly enjoyed our visit”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We had wagjag coupons, but were still made to feel valued. The food was great - the menu, as I understand it, can change seasonally. The atmosphere was really nice - higher end - and the view of the canal was great.

Niagara Falls, ON
“Great meal, start to finish”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We bought a wag jag voucher for 3 course Dinner for 2 - great price and a perfect way to try a new restaurant. The food was fresh and delicious. Great atmosphere and service. Will definitely be back and recommend to friends.

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Our Favourite Restaurant!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We've been going to this restaurant since it opened 7 years ago. Love it! The food is always fresh delicious. The owner of the restaurant welcomes everyone personally, and ensures they are seated comfortably in this small, elegant establishment. The menu has a wonder selection of foods, without being overwhelming. They have a wonderful early bird special, that keeps bringing people in. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and the staff are friendly and genuinely care about their customers. We will always return to this lovely restaurant!

• Visited September 2011