“Nice meal, great beer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canalside Restaurant, Inn & Kitchen Store

Canalside Restaurant, Inn & Kitchen Store
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Fusion
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Unique Dining experience along the Welland Canal with adjoining kitchen store. Two spacious hotel suites located above the restaurant. Daily Lunch & Dinner features, Featuring Local craft beers & Ontario Wines. Outside Patio overlooking the canal
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice meal, great beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice spot with good choices for the whole family. Had the salmon special which was lovely; my husband had a local beer recommeneded and it was outstanding. Nothing fancy but a nice little place right on the canal.

Visited August 2012

hamilton
“friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and youngest son took a leisurely drive to Port Colborne last week and stopped here for lunch. Nice looking pub style restaurant with that nautical feel to it. It wasnt very busy so we had our choice of where to sit. Our server was Greg and he was friendly and efficient. I have a feeling he was either the manager or owner of the pub. All three of us had lemonade to drink and both my wife and I had a steak sandwich with fries. Both meals were good with fresh cut fries and my son of course had the adults version of chicken fingers and fries. He was happy with his meal which makes mom and dad happy too. The sandwichs were good but different , the steak part wasnt the usual piece of meat on a bun but more of a grounded or steamed version. Not bad but different. Oh and of course my son and wife had desert which they said was fantastic. I would go back if I was in the area but just choose a different meal.

• Visited August 2012
Welland, Canada
“Great Food and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was our first time dining in Port. we decided on this place as it had a nice view and outside seating.The food was good for the price and the staff was pleasant.my wife forgot her purse and when we returned about a hr later they had put it safely away..we were very thankful to them for that as my wifes credit cards and banking was in it.We will be coming back next time with the kids and friends to enjoy this great little gem.

• Visited August 2012
Canada
“hair in my Asiago Chicken Wrap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went there with my girl friend for lunch. I ordered the Asiago Chicken Wrap. The half that I took home has a 5" to 6 " piece of hair in it. If it happened there I would have asked for another piece.
When I phoned and talked to the Manager, she said it sometimes happens even though they wear hair net. She said even the Health Department says it does happen.

Is this the answer you give your customer: "Sorry it does happen" Is this the way to treat your customer and is this the way to retain customer loyalty?

She just lost a customer and many more. Has she not hear of "word of mouth" is the best advertising.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
George17Canada, Owner at Canalside Restaurant, Inn & Kitchen Store, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
As per our conversation on the phone the other day, we try our best to give the best quality food as possible, unfortunately on some occasion a hair can fall into the food. It happens at the best of restaurants. This weekend was our annual canal days festival and we do rely on help from other friends in our kitchen and front of the house as we see over 100000 people walk by our restaurant and are at capacity for the entire 4 days. It is a appreciated that most customers understand that mistakes do happen. Regarding this particular incident, the customer ate most of the wrap and brought the rest home, we cannot control what happens to food once it leaves our establishment and if this was brought to our attention at the restaurant we would have taken the wrap back and not charged the customer. It is our policy that if something is not right the customer does not pay.
Barrie, Canada
“Well recommended by local was a great spot for an excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stopped at Tim Hortons for a coffee and a pit stop and asked if anyone could recommend a good restaurant. 3 people immediately recommended this one. One guy actually hopped in his truck and showed us where it was ( I asked him if he owned the place) we had spicy turkey soup an I had a Lamb burger and caesar salad it was well worth the adoration of the locals. Will go again and will recommend to anyone that enjoys good food.

• Visited July 2012