“Love the Loon!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loondocks Restaurant

Loondocks Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Port Carling
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fresh and local fine dining in the heart of Muskoka.
Burlington, Canada
“Love the Loon!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Bringing our vacation back to Port Carling we could not leave without a evening at Loondocks. My husband and I can not stress enough how this tops our list as our favorite. The personnel touch that we recieve from the moment you walk through the doors, the comitment to excellence by the servers, chef, and hostess makes this a diamond in our eyes. Treat youself as you deserve. Thanks Loondocks

• Visited May 2013

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Pricey view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ended up just enjoying appetizers on the patio. The view is fabulous & the service was outstanding (?Sam). The prices though, were too much for our tastes - it is very fine dining. The 3 scallops on a bed of pureed squash on a large plate, was more about a lovely presentation. The spring rolls were cold - not what we expected. Overall, the place is clean and fine, but bring your thick wallet.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ChefKevin99, Owner at Loondocks Restaurant, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi Susan, thanks for the feedback. Im glad you enjoyed the beautiful view and service. I am sorry you did not get the value you were hoping for. Our chilled rice rolls (as stated on the menu) are just that, chilled, as we are fresh obsessed; no deep fryer on site. I picked up this beautiful dish during my travels to Vietnam. I am confident that if you were to visit comparable fine dining restaurants you would find our prices to be quite affordable. We hope to welcome you back soon for an amazing dining experience in the heart of Muskoka.
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice addition to the Muskoka Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Traditionally, my guests and I would frequent the Turtle Jacks located relatively close to Loondocks. As an individual who is slowly moving away from the "younger scene," I was very pleased to hear that a new restaurant, one which many defined as fine dining, was opening their doors just down the street. It was a couple weeks ago when I made my first visit, and the experience was nicer than I could have hoped for. The meal was fantastic (Maple Trout Filet), and the service was great. However, in my opinion, these factors were overshadowed by the exquisite ambiance established by their patio. That is not intended to take away from the quality of the food, or the associated services, rather, it should highlight the intense positive impact which the patio achieves in regards to the total experience. All & all, my experience was as good as one could hope for. I had a quick conversation with the head chef/owner of the establishment (an extremely pleasant and professional individual), who was nice enough to give us a few moments upon my request (to extend my sentiments of satisfaction). He explained that the restaurant is continually growing (increasing wine selection), and furthermore, explained that they were soon to be adding a lunch menu, along with continually "tweaking" their existing dinner menu. I look very forward to my next visit (hopefully can make it for the lunch), and am somewhat anxious (in the best way possible) to see the new additions to their menu!

Thanks for a very nice experience Loondocks!

1 Thank Jay V
Parry Sound, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Muskoka Experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently had the pleasure to dine at Loondocks in Port Carling. By far one of the best meals I've had from Muskoka. the atmosphere is wonderful... I've eaten at a lot of so called "Fine Dining" restaurants which didn't live up to expectations. but Loondocks didn't just meet expectations, they went over and above. carrying on, I chose to sit on the patio with the most majestic view overlooking the river. service was amazing and in timely fashion. the meal was presented amazingly. and the use of local fresh foods amazed me. Muskoka is a bountiful place and I'm glad that this restaurant realized that. one last thing to touch on is the portion sizes. I've been to restaurants where I've had to much on a plate and sent half it back to the kitchen at the end of the meal. likewise I've had small portions as well which lead to me leaving hungry. I didn't have either of these issues with Loondocks though. portions were spot on. I came hungry, and left full without sending food back to the kitchen. spot on taste and texture. I couldn't have honestly asked for a better dining experience. thank you!

1 Thank JamieWatkinson
Kingston, Canada
“Fabulous food in a picture-perfect setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had booked Loondocks for the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding without knowing much about its menu or reputation. It turned out to be an inspired choice!The setting, on a beautiful tiered patio overlooking the locks where two lakes meet, is picturesque and serene, and perfectly accommodated our quite large group. And the food, what can I say? Each dish - whether scallops, beef tenderloin, salmon, local vegetables - was a culinary wonder. As much as possible, the chef sources local products so every dish is fresh and flavourful. Loondocks - and its very talented chef Kevin - exceeded all expectations! The staff were also terrific, both friendly and attentive. Next time we are in the Muskokas, we will go back for sure.

• 4 of 5 bubbles