We were part of an overnight cruise to Sherwood Inn on the Muskoka Lake steamer. On the final leg of our cruise to Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn staff came aboard to greet us, and give us our room assignment plus book our dinner reservations. We arrived at 6:00 sharp (as scheduled), and just as we docked the skies opened. We were warmly greeted by resort staff handing out umbrellas. Our luggage arrived via two friendly hotel staff, who hauled it up the wet shore all the way to our warm dry room. After freshening up in our room we headed for the diningroom, to a wonderfully served meal, with a taste to match. Our morning started with a tasty buffet breakfast, and a hot stone massage for my better half. The pampering continued. Lunch was served in the wine cellar, and it too was superb. After a leisurely stroll around the property, it was back to the Winonah II for our return to Gravenhurst. It was a misty send off but the entire staff of Sherwood Inn stood on the dock and waved a fond farewell as we left. To sum up our brief stay at the Sherwood....it was too brief to enjoy everything the resort had to offer. We will definitely return again, soon, perhaps by land, and definitely for a longer stay. This is a very relaxing place nestled in the trees, and it would be exactly what the doctor would order if he or she had ever been there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a year round retreat unlike any other. •Located on Lake Joseph •Resort wedding destination •In house wedding & group catering services •Muskoka resort vacation packages •Onsite health spa •Conference, meeting, retreat & reunion facilities •Option to golf at two of ClubLink's championship courses - Lake Joseph Club or Rocky Crest Golf Club (just a 15 minute drive.) Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect from a Muskoka hotel. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round, Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns, the Sherwood Inn on Lake Joseph in beautiful Muskoka, Ontario! Visit us once. Love us forever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario