My husband and I stayed here during the August 2014 long weekend, and we thought the Inn was beautiful. Overall, we would stay here again, but here are some thoughts:
We stayed as part of the Inn rooms (not the cottages), and although the room was small, it was functional and was kept nicely. Rooms in the Inn can get loud though (as our particular room was on top of the dining room area and facing the deck/outdoor patio area).
Steps away, you can enjoy the nice clean beach. There are many beach chairs, and plenty of water activities to do including canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddling, etc. Close by was a tennis court and bonfire pit. The bonfire requires reservations, so if you plan on going, then book this early. The grounds are absolutely stunning and well-kept, however they're not extensive grounds, so you can walk the grounds in a matter of 15 minutes. If you do not know Lake Joseph, it's a very beautiful lake in the Muskoka region. Just be advised that it's a busy lake with lots of cottages around with much water traffic (including (speed) boats, jetskis, etc).
We ate at the Inn restaurant for dinner and it was satisfactory. I wasn't impressed with the service, as it took 15 minutes for our waitress to greet us after we sat down. The food was also good but not amazing. My husband had the fish, while I had the steak. Both items were cooked well, but the items themselves did not have much flavouring. The next day, we had the buffet lunch, and we thought the same! The chicken, fish and hamburgers were cooked well but not much flavour. Based on the price, we did expect better, though overall it wasn't bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. Our charming, authentically Muskoka Inn has 49 rooms and cottages with over 80% of our rooms facing Lake Joseph. We offer a unique and memorable experience for every guest looking to escape to Muskoka. We are well known for our fine cuisine, fine wine selections and superior service. Book a memory filled conference/meeting/retreat/reunion. Golf at two of ClubLink's championship courses - Lake Joseph Club or Rocky Crest Golf Club (just a 15 minute drive.) Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round for groups, 7 days a week May through October and weekends only November to April. Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns. Find out why we say...visit us once, love us forever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario