My husband and I escaped Toronto to this lovely, rustic resort for a golf long weekend. Upon registration, we knew that this was the place going to be perfect for us.
Service - extra special services. All staff was pleasant, helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had every we desired. Our personal favourite experience, was as we dined one evening and the server was a local resident, Sarah (way find:) and the French service was delivered like a seasoned pro. After dinner, evening s'mores by the bonfire = yummy and unexpected.
Room - so close to luxury, but the small plastic enclosed shower fails that claim. Tub is too die for! The bed is very comfortable. Balcony (even under construction) was lovely with great view, however better outdoor entertain furniture would extend the experience. There are two patio chairs, but a table would have been the extra.
Grounds - lovely and perfect. make sure you borrow the kayaks and say hello to the resident loons. The grounds and staff are constantly maintaining this resort, and it seems that they are making many updates at this time. Upon returning from golf one afternoon, I was looking forward to a nap before dinner. Our building was having some nailing and construction, and I went downstairs and politely asked if they could find something quiet to do for the next 30 minutes. Not surprisingly, they smiled and quickly switched tasks.
I'd highly recommend this resort for any couple looking to escape to nature and while there, have excellent service with yummy food experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. Our charming, authentically Muskoka Inn has 49 rooms and cottages with over 80% of our rooms facing Lake Joseph. We offer a unique and memorable experience for every guest looking to escape to Muskoka. We are well known for our fine cuisine, fine wine selections and superior service. Book a memory filled conference/meeting/retreat/reunion. Golf at two of ClubLink's championship courses - Lake Joseph Club or Rocky Crest Golf Club (just a 15 minute drive.) Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round for groups, 7 days a week May through October and weekends only November to April. Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns. Find out why we say...visit us once, love us forever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario