We stayed at this resort last week for 3 nights. We visited the resort 10 years ago; my sister and her husband had stayed there in 1997 and had raved about it, so a year later we dropped by to check it out and were suitably impressed. We promised ourselves that one day we too would stay there when we could afford it ... Well that happened last week and what a disappointment. Since Delta (under the auspices of Clublink Canada) have taken over, it's become so run down, just not the same when it was privately owned.
We stayed in a run down, shabby one bedroom cottage on the lake called "Birchwood" west. I am still shaking my head at what we found - at least the bed was very comfortable but the rest, well ... and as for the food, we ate in for the first night expecting gourmet dining. Not so and very, very expensive, rivalling prices of some of the top dining places in Toronto where I have eaten very well for the same money e.g. Truffles at the Four Seasons, Bistro 990 etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. Our charming, authentically Muskoka Inn has 49 rooms and cottages with over 80% of our rooms facing Lake Joseph. We offer a unique and memorable experience for every guest looking to escape to Muskoka. We are well known for our fine cuisine, fine wine selections and superior service. Book a memory filled conference/meeting/retreat/reunion. Golf at two of ClubLink's championship courses - Lake Joseph Club or Rocky Crest Golf Club (just a 15 minute drive.) Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round for groups, 7 days a week May through October and weekends only November to April. Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns. Find out why we say...visit us once, love us forever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario