“relaxation at it's finest”
Review of Sherwood Inn

Sherwood Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Port Carling
Toronto, Canada
“relaxation at it's finest”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a 1 night relaxing getaway without the children. We found it at Sherwood Inn. This inn was beautiful, quiet and quaint. The number one quality that Sherwood Inn possesses, however, is it's exemplary customer service. We were greeted at the front counter by Keegan! By far the BEST front desk person that we have ever encountered! Each and every employee was just as customer service oriented as Keegan. The chef and his staff outdid themselves with the spectacular dinner and extraordinary Buffett breakfast. The general manager showed his dedication to the Inn, and it's guests, on Thanksgiving weekend, when he worked the entire weekend. This, in itself, is not an astounding feat. What was astounding was the fact that it was his wife's 50th birthday. That is dedication to customer service! We could go on and on but Sherwood Inn is definitely a destination to experience.
And

Room Tip: We chose a room in the Inn rather than a cottage. It had a more relaxed feel.
2 Thank Pete G
Esa P, General Manager at Sherwood Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Pete G,

Thank you for your positive review and accolades following your stay with us during the Thaksgiving weekend.

The exemplary customer service comment really hits home with all of us at the resort, as we all work very hard at exceeding our guests expectations in all that we do living up to our motto 'Come as a guest and leave as family".

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Muskoka in the near future.

Best EJP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been to the Sherwood annually for 4 years. Year after year we are never disappointed. The service is excellent, the food is out of this world. The location and surroundings are picturesque and quiet. There is lots to do if you want to be active. Special mention to Jeff in the dining room. He is knowledgeable and very responsive. Keegan on front desk - extremely pleasant and professional to deal with. Melissa, breakfast chef - goes out of her way to make sure you are enjoying breakfast. Tiffany, chef - the food and food choice continue to exceed our expectations. A sincere thank you. We will be back and we recommend the Sherwood Inn.

Room Tip: Cottages are on the water rooms. Rooms in the inn are nice
Dear Teri M,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor following your annual stay with us, and our gratitude for your continued support over the past four years.
I was most pleased to read about your positive experiences with us during your stay.
I will be sure to share your accolades with my entire team, but most notably with Jeff, Keegan, Melissa and Tiffany who all seem to have made a lasting impression with you.

Looking forward to welcoming you "home" soon to the Sherwood Inn.

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I found Sherwood Inn on the internet, and decided to wed there. We had a very intimate wedding ceremony, with only our immediate family members. We got married on a Wednesday afternoon, down on the point - surrounded by trees and water. It was beautiful, I couldn't have imagined a nicer spot to get married. After our ceremony we had a lovely meal in the wine cellar, and stayed the night. Not only was the inn beautiful, but every single Sherwood employee went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and make our day special.
I would recommend the inn to anyone, for a wedding or just a vacation...there is much to do, but at the same time it is very quiet and relaxing.
My husband and I plan to go back soon, and my parents also fell in love with the inn and plan to go there for their anniversary.
Thank you all for making our day soooooo special.
Christie and Jason

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Christie and Jason,

Firstly I would like to thank you both for choosing our resort as the venue for your nuptials.

It was both a pleasure and a privilege for our entire team to be part of your special day, and we want to wish you both much love and joy on your life journey together.

Blue Mountains, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I visited the Sherwood Inn on Lake Joseph this past weekend to celebrate our 11th Anniversary and her Birthday (yes on the same day - which is why these weekends have to be so special). We arrived after 8pm on Friday night and were assigned the Robinwood Cottage. Centrally located on the resort close to all amenities it came equipped with a wonderful wood burning fireplace, satellite TV, it's own private dock on the bay and what has to be the largest king sized bed I have ever seen. Quaint and cozy we settled in for a relaxing weekend and were quite surprised to find that the associates remembered my comment when booking regarding our Anniversary and a welcome amenity was awaiting us (tasty!).

We of course slept in but made it in for their breakfast buffet in the dining room the next morning. Great selection (wife went for the healthy options and I of course indulged in the eggs benedict - why not?) and at a price point that made me question how they could offer so much for so little. I have seen similar buffets but of lesser quality go for more than twice the price. The servers were engaging and made us feel at home.

We spent the day on the paddleboards coupled with a two hour canoe along the shore of Lake Joseph followed by a nap on the lounge chairs on our private dock (haven't had a nap in years). A short trip into Port Carling for some unique boutique shopping and late lunch rounded out our day.

Dinner was something special - we were greeted for our 7pm reservation by none other than Esa the General Manager who apparently finds the time to connect with his guests in this manner quite frequently. The menu selection was exceptional and my wife settled for what had to be the largest halibut filet I have ever seen. I settled on the house smoked stuffed chicken supreme and the flavours of both mains were perfect (yes I had to finish my wife's portion as she could not). I was pleasantly surprised at the size, quality and range of their wine list especially owing to the size of the resort. It was difficult to settle on just one offering.

A perfect repeat to Saturday's breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and we were off again home to pick up the kids. On the drive home my wife asked me to rate our past Anniversary weekends and we both agreed that this one had to rank in the top two. Thank you to Esa and your team at the Sherwood Inn for creating great memories.

Dear BMRVP,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your fall getaway with your wife.
I was pleased to read about all the positive points of your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to enjoy all the aspects that our resort has to offer.

It is Always a pleasure for my team and myself to be part of making lasting memories for our guests such as your wife and you.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Muskoka the next time you need to charge your batteries.

ontario, canada
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had an absolutely perfect mini holiday at Sherwood Inn last week! Stayed in RobinWood Cottage which has its own sunny porch/dock on Lake Joseph... Spent much of our time here, relaxing in the Muskoka chairs... Also went kayaking, did some hiking on the nature trails, and even had a lovely swim one day (in October)! The cottage was very clean and comfortable, the bathroom clean and bright, and the living room very comfortable with couch, fireplace and flat screen tv (watched a movie one night on DVD), plus a view of the lake through the patio doors... The food here is extraordinary, and memorable. They have their own smoker; I had an amazing smoked chicken risotto with Parmesan and field mushrooms for dinner one night... The service at Sherwood Inn is incredible; they really know how to make you feel welcome! Our stay was a real treat :) Hope to be back before too long!

• Stayed October 2013
Esa P, General Manager at Sherwood Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear 686209,

Thank you for booking a stay with us for your fall getaway.
I was delighted to read that the Robinwood cottage met with all your expectations, that you had the opportunity to enjoy all that the resort had to offer as well as exquisite food and friendly service and had an overall relaxing getaway with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to Muskoka.

Best Regards EJP
Can
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Giving a groupon coupon to Sherwood Inn as a birthday gift turned out to be brilliant! THe drive up was spectacular: the fall leaves had changed and the lakes were so blue. We found not only the Inn itself to be beautiful, but the staff was outstandingly friendly and helpful, and the food worth every penny- If you can manage the dessert after that incredible trout, you're a better woman than I!!
Definitely on my "must do this again" list.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Esa P, General Manager at Sherwood Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear msymes,

I was so pleased to read about your recent stay at our resort during your fall get away.
Nice to see that all the chips fell into place and that you had an overall pleasant stay with us in all aspects.
We look forward to welcoming you back to your new found home in Muskoka in the near future.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Sherwood Inn for one night in the Main building. It was very rustic but updated and had a very relaxing "zen" feel to the place. The rooms are a bit on the smaller side but very manageable. They were updated and had a fantastic comfortable bed! The front desk check in was smooth and quick. We asked to have our room changed to have a room on the second floor with a lake view and the front desk agent didn't hesitate.

The resort itself is gorgeous with lots to do. The hot tub was great and just a few steps away from the main building. My fiance used the gym which he said had everything you needed for a quick workout.

Dinner at the restaurant was delicious and well worth the money.

If you are looking for a place to get away and relax, this hidden gem is where you should go!

Room Tip: Room on the second floor in the corners away from the main stairwell. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sunlovers 2010,

Thank you for completing a review following your getaway to our resort this fall.

I was pleased to learn thta our location, amenities, staff and service and the dining room all met with your expectations.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed our recently renovated hot tub area and that your significant other had a good work out in the gym with our modern equipment.

I am glad that the front desk was able to move your room to the upper floor at the Inn with more space and better lakeviews.

Thanks again for your help in "uncovering" our hidden gem in Muskoka.
Until next time.

Windermere House Resort & Hotel
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 10 in Bracebridge

Been to Sherwood Inn? Share your experiences!