We stayed here for two nights as a winter getaway and the experience was wonderful; I would definitely recommend this hotel, and we plan to visit again in the summer.
We chose the Sherwood because it's one of the few hotels in the area that allows dogs. We stayed in the newer Maplewood building, which was clean and in good repair. Our room was very pleasant, with a wood-burning fireplace and a jacuzzi. It also had a balcony overlooking the lake which would be really nice in the summer.
They have 10 km of snowshoeing/cross-country skiing trails on the property, and they have snowshoes and skis you can borrow for free. We had a lot of fun snowshoeing on the trails with our dog.
We were on the meal plan so we had two breakfasts and two dinners at the inn -- the dinners were really excellent, and reason enough to go back. They were on par with some of the best restaurants in Toronto. (Though with more generous portions!)
The only minor quibbles we had were that our room was not made up on Saturday -- even though we were gone for 5 and a half hours, and the hotel wasn't very busy, so it's not like they didn't have a chance to do it. They actually left us a message in the afternoon telling us to call them if we wanted the room cleaned -- apparently you have to request your room to be made up? Sort of bizarre. Of course, we were out during the day so we didn't get the message. And one woman at the front desk was really a sourpuss, not friendly at all -- but everyone else who worked there was so friendly and helpful that they made up for her bad attitude.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will probably return in summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. Our charming, authentically Muskoka Inn has 49 rooms and cottages with over 80% of our rooms facing Lake Joseph. We offer a unique and memorable experience for every guest looking to escape to Muskoka. We are well known for our fine cuisine, fine wine selections and superior service. Book a memory filled conference/meeting/retreat/reunion. Golf at two of ClubLink's championship courses - Lake Joseph Club or Rocky Crest Golf Club (just a 15 minute drive.) Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round for groups, 7 days a week May through October and weekends only November to April. Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns. Find out why we say...visit us once, love us forever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario