If you're expecting the Soho in downtown Toronto, don't hold your breath....this is not a cutting-edge hotel... but charming none-the-less!!!
My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the (-Delta) Sherwood Inn on Family Day weekend of 2012. When we arrived at the beautiful lakeside property, check in was quick and efficient. We were given a map of the property and made our way to our Maplewood room. Our room was nicely furished, and included a walk-out balcony, comfortable king-size bed, jacuzzi tub, and wood-burning fireplace (Fairmont.. eat your heart out!!). The hallways and Maplewood building itself could use a little TLC, but it's cottage-country.. so it's too be expected.
After settling in, we went for a walk around the property, which included a hockey rink cleared on the frozen lake, and snowshoeing/x-country ski trails on site. We then had dinner in their dinning room, where we enjoyed great service, and decent food at a fair price. The menu wasn't very extensive but both our apps and entrees were tasty and fresh.
In the evening, we borrowed a dvd from the front desks' collection, and enjoyed our wood-burning fireplce and complimentary fire log.
All in all, it was a fabulous stay at a charming lakeside resort. The staff was friendly and helpful (Michael and Keegan at the front, and the dinning room staff), and although not brand new.. the hotel had many things to do and provided a very comfortable stay. When in Muskoka, I would highly recommend staying at the Sherwood Inn. Hope that helps. Cheers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. Our charming, authentically Muskoka Inn has 49 rooms and cottages with over 80% of our rooms facing Lake Joseph. We offer a unique and memorable experience for every guest looking to escape to Muskoka. We are well known for our fine cuisine, fine wine selections and superior service. Book a memory filled conference/meeting/retreat/reunion. Golf at two of ClubLink's championship courses - Lake Joseph Club or Rocky Crest Golf Club (just a 15 minute drive.) Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round for groups, 7 days a week May through October and weekends only November to April. Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns. Find out why we say...visit us once, love us forever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario