We stayed 1 week after thanksgiving Oct 15th and checked in to horrible weather. The front counter ladies were pleasant but not informative. Nobody offered us information on what there was to do in the area so we ventured out on our own...cranberry festival in Bala. We returned after 5pm and made dinner reservations for 7pm. Power went out at 6pm and their backup plan (generator) is completely inadequate for their needs. No power, water, or heat in our unit. Power was out all night and morning. Dinner was both cold, small portions (steak dinner, portion of steak was fist size and small at that, steak was cold, potatoes were 5 tots on my plate...really 5? beans were good but the beef rib was just fat on a bone). Power out or not invest in generators to run the facility properly. NOBODY ever asked if we needed anything to make our stay more enjoyable. NOBODY checked on us in our unit to see if a flashlight would be useful with NO emergency lights in the hallways or rooms...that's a serious violation of safety standards here in Canada. They offered a free night stay at another time...we suggested they write off our stay then and there...but they refused. No offer of a lousy free breakfast...heated by bunsen burners. Breakfast was very few choices (bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs which are tasteless, soggy french toast, and granola that was harder than concrete).
they offered $50 off the over $400 bill. Wrote a scathing review to Delta about this horrible hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. Our charming, authentically Muskoka Inn has 49 rooms and cottages with over 80% of our rooms facing Lake Joseph. We offer a unique and memorable experience for every guest looking to escape to Muskoka. We are well known for our fine cuisine, fine wine selections and superior service. Book a memory filled conference/meeting/retreat/reunion. Golf at two of ClubLink's championship courses - Lake Joseph Club or Rocky Crest Golf Club (just a 15 minute drive.) Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round for groups, 7 days a week May through October and weekends only November to April. Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns. Find out why we say...visit us once, love us forever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Muskoka District/Port Carling, Ontario