“Wonderful Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Carling
The Manse Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Port Carling B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My first time staying at a bed and breakfast and if they are all like this I will be choosing B&Bs more often. I had to book last minute and Linda and Bill were very accommodating. My stay was due to work so I was out early and arriving late but very quiet, beautiful, clean--just a wonderful experience. I'd love to go back when I can take time to enjoy the area! I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Manse Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I spent the best two nights and three days ever and I wish I could return to Linda and Bill's B&B right now! They were amazingly welcoming and made their home our home. The rooms were exceptionally lovely with antique touches and decor.
The extras were wonderful: super good home made chocolate chip cookies and refreshments supplied in the small pantry just outside our room door, DVD's and CD's to use inside our "Hill Suite" room. A wonderful jacuzzi tub in the spacious bathroom. The back deck had a hot tub available, and there was a lovely porch to relax on overlooking a large front yard, and a sitting room to watch satellite TV if you wished.
Linda's breakfasts were delicious and she was great at accomodating our dietary requests. She had the best Greek yogurt I've ever tasted! Everything is fresh and home made.
This B & B is complete with some furry friends: Lilly cat who kept the guest book cozy, and their two Yorkshire terriers - the shy Bella and more outgoing Duke. We became good buddies.

The location of The Manse is also excellent. At one end of the street you'll find Hanna Park with a lovely beach for swimming. The water was a very pleasant temperature. The other end of the street leads on the the main road through Port Carling and it's many quaint shops and restaurants. A lovely walk is the path around the Museum island. Of course this being Muskoka, prices at restaurants and shops tend to be on the expensive side, however the Manse offered very reasonable prices per night.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cocoa3c
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our stay with Linda and Bill was wonderful. Great conversation, wonderful meals, I strongly recommend you visit them soon! The place is located walking distance from everything you'll need in Port Carling and the rooms are well-appointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Bill and Erin made us feel very welcome indeed. Breakfast was a treat. We stayed in the Moyes room, which had very interesting decor. Overall a nice experience.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed at The Manse with my girlfriend for 4 nights and was blown away by this bed and breakfast. You can tell that the owners just love meeting new people and entertaining because they were some of the most welcoming and accommodating folks I've ever met. For example, my girlfriend is gluten and dairy free and they had no problem making special arrangements just for her at breakfast. She and I kept saying that we felt like we were staying with family because they were so friendly and we felt so comfortable and relaxed.

The room was fantastic, the bed was amazingly comfortable, the breakfast was honestly something you would expect at a high end restaurant, but the best part was meeting Bill and Linda who made us feel right at home.

I would stay at the Manse again in a second and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Port Carling.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben F
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Linda and her husband made us feel like a part of their family. The room was wonderful and the bed very comfortable. As for the breakfast it was superb. My wife and i look forward in returning sometime in the future. As for the town of Port Carling it is a very quaint community with lots of wonderful stores. And the best was the Christmas store.

Room Tip: There all great !
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Calvin H
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We came from Scotland to visit family and were more than welcomed at The Manse. Had a fantastic stay and we were very well looked after, nothing was too much trouble. Linda was the perfect hostess and all her home baking was most welcome. Hopefully we will plan another trip to Canada and we will definately stay at The Manse.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 10 in Bracebridge

Been to The Manse Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!