“Just Okay”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Went to the Burbs for the first time for dinner this past Saturday evening. We found the service slow and the food just "okay". This is the first time I have ever ordered "Seafood Pasta" which I didn't enjoy. Not planning on returning again.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We went to the Burbs in 2011 - was very good , returned in Jan 2012......... food was atrocious , horrible ,,,,we were told that there was a trainee chef /cook ?? Had to reorder , still crappy .... left the food paid the bill and left ----- will never return

Reviewed February 21, 2012

went for the chefs tasting menu. Was lots of fun!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife and I made a reservation to go to Burbs Bistro for a Sunday brunch, but were called about 24 hours ahead of time to be told that they had a reservation for a large party for brunch and were cancelling all smaller reservations. This is simply NOT acceptable behavior! While we'd been to the restaurant before and enjoyed ourselves, we will now NEVER return.

1  Thank DougL504
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Every year we take our employees and their spouses to dinner. We look for a restaurant that will leave us alone to enjoy the night, provide the atmosphere we need, has great food, and makes sure we are served as necessary.

We spent a good three hours laughing and chatting and eating our way through many wonderful meal items. At no time did we feel we were being rushed. All changes to the menu items were cheerfully accomodated - one person did not want mushrooms, so her meal was prepared without the trifle sauce but with something equally delicious. At no time did we have to ask for, as an example, drinks to be refilled.

All the food was beautifully prepared and presented. Portions are for the discerning - no super-sizing here, thank goodness. The quality of the food was spectacular. The calamari was pretty close to the best we have ever eaten. One of the spouses had the halibut, another the chicken, and the rest of us enjoyed the best AAA Beef Tenderloin we have ever been served!

Kevin Brown is an innovative chef whose personal touch is apparent. We had the privilege of spending an evening watching him teach a cooking class at a restaurant where he worked before setting out on his own - he is entertaining as well as informative. We look forward to spending an evening at one of his monthly cooking lessons in the near future.

Since nothing is perfect, I would be remiss in not reporting what I did not like. Everyone's tastes are different and as I have been on a fairly strict diet, I was looking forward to the caesar salad. It lacked the zing I expected. The other slight disappointment was my dessert choice, a chocolate concoction which had a fancy name [The description led us to expect something like a mousse] but was surprisingly really only a somewhat dry chocolate cake with a dollop of ice cream or gelato. (This was good for my diet!) The other desserts were delicious.

Tips:
1. Make a reservation.
2. Ask for one of their semi-private rooms if you have a party of six or so.
3. Go during the week if you want a quieter experience.

2  Thank AlleVast