“Awesome food and great service and ambiance”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 207 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, International, Sushi, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 150 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Stuart, Florida
“Awesome food and great service and ambiance”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Love coming to Mandarin. Have been to this and also to the Toronto location. Any time I am in Toronto I have to go visit mandarin. Food is great and service also. Desserts are very nice as well

• Visited March 2014
6 Thank Michael S

“looking forward to next visit.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

After watching mouth watering TV. commercials many times, my family and I were longing to visit a Manderin. Being from Eastern Ontario all we could do was wish. Last year we attended the Toronto Zoo and to our delight found there was a Manderin just up the road from our hotel in Pickering. On more than one occasion I've had the product not live up to the hype. Happily, this was not the case. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff as though we were regulars. The food was hot, fresh, and delicious. My only regret was I couldn't possibly eat enough to try all the dishes I wanted to sample. My daughter still laments that she never made it to the second dessert table. We are going to the zoo again next week and are almost as excited to revisit the Mandarin as we are too see the pandas. I cannot understand why Ottawa doesn't have one of these.

• Visited August 2013
6 Thank Scott S
“Being a Canadian,I am proud of Mandarin Restaurant of Pickering.”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have been a Canadian citizen for 5 years. The first years that I have been a Canadian citizen, five years ago, my family and I got a free dinner from the Mandarin Restaurant of Pickering. This year in 2014 Canada Day, I was excited that we once again got a delicious free dinner at the Mandarin Restaurant of Pickering. There is a wonderful menu full of delicious food including some of my favourites; fresh salmon, sushi, and all the Asian food. I was grateful when I found out that the Mandarin Restaurant in Pickering had a special event on Canada Day in which customers would get a free buffet dinner serving the magnificent food the restaurant had to offer.

The buffet is a wonderful place for a pleasant and relaxing dinner with you and your family. It is also a fantastic place to have parties with all the different dishes that everyone is going to enjoy.

I have enjoyed all of my times eating at the Mandarin Restaurants and I will always remember the wonderful memories that I have had there.

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank samfu108 .
Toronto
“Baby Shower Lunch”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We just returned from celebrating my first Grandchild's Baby Shower lunch at the Mandarin in Pickering. I can't say enough about how accommodating, kind, helpful, and understanding ALL of the staff were.

This is the 2nd baby shower we've had (the first we held at my home) and I will never consider hosting an event like this at my home ever again. I definitely recommend The Mandarin.

It didn't matter what our requests were, they accommodated them all:
- our guest list dropped from 60 to 35, and they still gave us the large room we originally requested,
- can we come early to put some decorations up, including flowers, balloons etc,.
- could they change the tables from rectangle to round,
- could we have a different colour of table cloth,
- they offered us a projector, and computer to show our slide show,
- last minute dietary needs were all met, and
- our tradition is to serve a particular dessert, could we bring it? Of course, they said.

Not only did they staff at the Mandarin, Pickering, oblige our every request, they were always kind, and calm with our many changes.
The space (room G) has been newly renovated and everyone commented on how modern, clean, & nice it was.
Everyone (vegetarians, vegans, picky eaters, over 90 yrs olds, and even 2 yr olds) enjoyed all the food choices.
Thank you to all of the staff at The Mandarin, Pickering for making my daughters special day more than I would have expected.

• Visited June 2014
7 Thank Lizaboo
Pickering, Canada
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

First time visiting since a Reno there last year. Not impressed. Seemed like less healthy stations such as salads available and more desserts to fill up up with sugar.

• Visited March 2014