“A mellow vibe.”

Island Mix Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #82 of 209 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Island Mix Restaurant and Lounge welcomes you to fun, food, drinks, music and events. Away from the Caribbean Islands, our relaxing environment will take you back to the distant islands of fun, cheer and delectable dishes. Island Mix’s lunch and dinner menus are a definate hit with our customers and our aim is to continue to serve our satisfied guests for years to come. We have a in-depth menu that is all about authentic food and drinks; all prepared from original Caribbean & West Indian Chinese recipes. Dishes are prepared by experienced chefs who enjoy introducing these delicacies to our international friends. We also provide a kid’s menu for our young diners and provide catering services for events and venues of all types. Island Mix’s Bar, Lounge and Patio areas serve-up fine signature cocktails that are handcrafted by our Bar Staff using fresh fruits, fine liquor and island mixers. Our weekly specials from Monday to Friday include selected appetizers, fine food, exotic drinks and other Island Mix offers. Entertainment includes specialty DJ Nights and Live Performances giving our customers a complete Caribbean experience. Join us…
TORONTO, ONTARIO
“A mellow vibe.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I went to Island Mix in Pickering on a Friday evening around 9pm. There was a bit of a wait for a table, but the music was nice so we didn't mind.

As I have a very low tolerance for spice, it was a challenge to eat te spicy calamari. The crab and lobster wontons were tasty and not spicy! (There's a few types of hot sauce to pick from for dipping).

The shrimp roti was okay, but nothing spectacular. For my first taste of "doubles", it was great, but I have no basis for comparison. The plantain hit the spot, but I wouldn't promote them.

On the plus side, Friday's special is half price Martinis. (The Island Mix Martini tastes like candy!)

Overall, the food was just okay. But, the music and vibe were well worth it. A great place to go to unwind.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Wonderful atmosphere.... Nice to chill”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went for early evening drinks with my niece....

Pleasantly surprised I must say. Nice lounge with a adequate bar. Specialty cocktails are available. Service started out a little slow but pleasant... That was until Joleen (Trini) took over.. Her recommendations were on point. Everything rom the doubles to the mango salad to the corn soup and the General Tso chicken.

The cuisine is really an island mix with some Asian influence, from Jamaican jerk to Trini Dhalpouri/doubles to Guyanese chicken curry to Chinese general Tso chicken. Everything was good.. Reggae and soca playing in the background... But not too loud so one can't enjoy a good catch up conversation. I thoroughly enjoyed this place and will definitely revisit.

Great place to lounge and chill with friends for anything from cocktails to a nice casual sit down dinner.

I would recommend this place anyone and will be back for sure...

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Souloaded
“Slipping business”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I went there for the first time this month and was very disappointed. It had teenagers smoking drugs at the side of the building, and parking was no where to be found as I had to park across the street. The music was great , didn't understand the decor Tvs everywhere and we had to sit almost infront of a big projector. Service was fast but quality of service was not impressive. Sat a while with a empty glass, didnt come back to check, the simple things a server should know. The wings were horrible and rice was hard. Guess I went on a bad day. I'll stick to Rolands Restaurant as I won't be returning to this establishment ever again

3 Thank Garymcbride
pickering
“excellent vibe!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

my husband and i visit island mix often. the music is sweet..the food id great!..they have a buffet some days and its so worth it. we take the kids sometimes and they love the food..you cn play pool as well and its a clean atmosphere

• Visited June 2012