“Domo Arrigato”
Review of Makimono

Makimono
Reserve with OpenTable
Makimono is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 212 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great selection on the menu, fresh food, speedy and efficient service, personable wait staff and excellent atmosphere. Good value for the price !!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We go there at least ones a week and it is just perfect. We always go there in a bigger Group to be able to order all the nice things that are offered

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

If there's one thing that infuriates me about restaurant dining, it's watching people that came in after you get served before you – and that pretty much sums up my visit to Makimono. I showed up in my blue-collar work clothing looking for an interesting and different lunch experience, but instead watched at least two other tables who had patrons dressed in business suits receive service that was far better than what I received, and both had their main food orders arriving at their table before my appetizers even arrived, despite arriving and being seated after myself. Multiple waitresses actually passed by my waitong order sheet countless times, all while doting on the business patrons constantly.

The food was decent but IMHO didn't seem as "crisp and fresh" as one of my other favorite sushi restaurants. A standout, however, was the peppered beef - an excellent quality cut or meat, cooked and seasoned to perfection.

The atmosphere is very upscale - to the point where a casual diner may seen underdressed or feel uncomfortable. It's also very darkly lit, which adds to the mood, but (IMHO) is a negative overall.

Pricing was reasonable, however I can't honestly say that I will rush back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I had dinner in this restaurant. The food is great and looked so fresh. Loved the ambience and the service was good.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Good selection of menu and atmosphere is quite nice. It's got a wonderful all you can eat menu with a wonderful selection of sushi.