“Fantastic Japanese Restaurant”
Review of Makimono

Makimono
Reserve with OpenTable
Makimono is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 224 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here for lunch with a group of friends this afternoon. The food came out piping hot and delicious. The sushi was melt-in-your-mouth good! The servers were fast with our orders as well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Just be aware that they only accept Visa or cash....no debit.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is our favourite restaurant by far. The food is delicious. We've been there over 10 times and had bad service only once (so we're considering it just a bad day for the wait staff). Otherwise, we expect and receive great and attentive service.
We find the dinner price a little expensive and so often go for lunch (its the same menu - just missing the sashimi and a few special sushi).
We loved using our $5 off coupons from Entertainment.com.

1  Thank MarcellaCooper
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Continuous horrible service aside, this restaurant very much annoys me. They have an ATM in the lobby, and make claims their visa terminal doesn’t accept debit. However on a visit where the ATM was down, they were suddenly able to accept visa on the terminals. Seriously, it seems like they are trying to profit off their customers in any way they can.

Food wise they are a gamble – sometimes its great, sometimes its awful.

Regardless, its not a place I will ever go again.

3  Thank Chantal S
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have eaten at Makimono several times and I always go for the all you can eat lunch or dinner. Ordering off the menu is too expensive otherwise. When i eat here I have to say... the service is rarely good. I find a lot of the waiters/waitresses do not care enough about their jobs to do good work and I have rarely ever seen the manager on the floor, and have certainly never spoken to him... You need to check in with your guests to make sure people are doing well! That is important!
The food is usually quite good, when you do not have to wait for an excessive period of time or when the order is not forgotten all together. which I stress again- this is a problem with the service!
While the price of food here may be on the higher end, it is about the same as any other sushi restaurant so it is expected if you do want sushi.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Our waitress didn't feel like she wanted to be there! My wife wanted to order more food but there was no waiter to be seen. We hardly saw her, we finally saw her when we were leaving. She was eating with 2 other co-workers (sitting at a table behind the host stand) and playing with her phone (which all restaurants should not allow their servers to do). They really need to polish up on service.
As for the food: they tried but also fell on that as most of these items are ordinary, you could properly pickup at T&T Supermarket takeout section. Most of the food was VERY sweet especially the awful stirfried veggies. The portion of Udon noodles was too big; maybe enough for 3 people.....I guess they want you to fillup (had to keep in mind they will charge you extra for uneaten food as written on top menu).
They really need to go across the street to steal a couple tips on sevice from Al Dente !!!!!!

2  Thank Gretzky215