“Great view on the patio!”

Port Bar & Dining Room
Ranked #9 of 217 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liverpool Rd
Description: PORT is a Waterfront North American Bistro. OUR GOAL is to create a community gathering spot, where we showcase our passion for hospitality and great food & beverage. Our Chef team has created menus that evolve to reflect the season and locally raised products. Our products are produced in house by career-minded chefs using fresh ingredients and classic techniques. Our Beverage Team strives to (re)create cocktails that reflect the passion and skill of the original bartender. We support independently owned breweries with 14 beers on tap. Our wine list varies in price and style for every enjoyer of wine. FeastON & OceanWise certified.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I believe you pay for the view, not the food.

The menu is a bit pricey, considering the small portions, but the view of the harbour (especially on the patio, during good weather) is certainly worth it.

My husband and I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner here, all on the patio, and it was worth it.

We've enjoyed a glass of wine, during sunset, with a simple appetizer to add some serious romance to an ordinary work evening.

Service and quality of food have never been a problem.

I've also noticed lots of children, so I assume it's family friendly.

1  Thank HappyWife4234

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great ambiance and good service. Started going to this Port when it first opened went to the 1st three New Years Eve festivities and always felt I got good value for the money. Over the past couple of years it's changed and I know longer feel that way. Very little food for a lot more money. The wine list is very over priced with a mediocre selection within the affordable range. I had the shrimp/scallop linguini which was short of disgusting, the pasta was one big clump with tiny little (frozen seafood) likely better at East Side Mario's or Red Lobster for half the price (couldn't be worse). Had been a frequent supporter the first several years of opening hadn't been in over a year wouldn't rush back.

5  Thank Sheila M
Todd M, Owner at Port Bar & Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

We are sorry that you have perceived a change in our quality and pricing. We have not changed many of our prices since we opened and have actually lowered our average menu price this past summer. We will not price compete with free bread sticks & salad and all you can eat restaurants. Our business model is to offer quality house made food a reasonable prices. We refuse to bring in pre-cooked protein similar to the restaurants you compared us to.

We would love to have you back and do not want to loose any guests. Please let me know when if you can consider coming in again and we will ensure a fantastic dining experience that highlights our passion for quality fresh food made from scratch.

Regards,
Todd - Managing Partner
todd@portrestaurant.ca

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've been to PORT many times over the past few years of living here in Pickering. At first, I was very excited to have a 'downtown' feel place to have a great dinner with hubby or a few cocktails with the girls. Going back 3 years ago, the food and the service was good. However, I've noticed over the last few visits this past year, the food quality and service had gone downhill! The prices have become outrageous...$19 for a 8oz glass of average Sauvignon Blanc...really???
I'm glad Moxies will be opening up soon and will give us another dining/lounging option!

3  Thank JanaGee
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great ambiance and location. Restaurant situated on the waterfront in a marina. The sunset view is memorable.
Great dining card and the wine list is commendable.
Would go back in a spiffy...

1  Thank Cruisers1959
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were looking for a place for my wife and I along with her brother, sister in law, and 10 and 13 year old kids that was a few steps up from the Swiss Chalet and the like. Beautiful building right on the yacht harbor - would have been an even nicer view if we could have been outside, but a little chilly for that ....

A unique menu with a wide selection of interesting items - and a children's menu for the less adventurous. Prices a little on the high side, but worth it. Had a lamb burger which is unusual, and very good. Everything came out with great presentation, and everybody liked their meal. The desserts appear to be made on premises, and were excellent. Service was excellent, and they had a three piece combo playing some modern jazz at just the right volume.

Looking forward to going back during the season to enjoy the outside.