“great night sleep” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Petawawa
Ottawa, Canada
“great night sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

Travelled to Petawawa on business and only wanted a clean, affordable place to sleep. What I found was much more. Stayed in a business class room that was great.(rm307)
Best night hotel sleep I've ever had. Having been on the road awhile, I found this hotel a refreshing surprise. I was able to to my laundry that night in their 24hr laundromat while grabbibg a drink in the lounge. Staff were friendly and room was spotless.
Refreshing break in this little town, One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. I would recommend this spot to any traveller.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jay155004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

The room was clean and quiet, although we checked in in the late afternoon. When we tried to re-enter using the after hours entrance our key did not work, a couple showed up shortly after many failed attempts and informed us you really had to play with the lock - too bad they got a demo from the staff and we did not.

Other units must have had their heating units turned up, as it was sweltering when we woke up the next morning, who knew I should have turned on the AC when it was 10C outside :p

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ScouterJ
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Found the Hotel convenient and comfortable, liked the idea of having easy access to the amenities Pronto provided.
Rooms were spacious and clean, staff was particularly accomodating and friendly
Thanks

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MrGunner
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

I find it incredible to see the negative comments listed here, I'm an extremely picky woman, very anal when it comes to cleanliness, and this hotel was "spotless". Ok it had no elevator, but unless you have a handi-cap, we all could use some stairs once and awhile, there is only three floors, and short stairs between.
Anyhow, Jane and her staff were incredible, even after we left. I had forgotten my cell phone charger in the room, and noticed AFTER the 5 hour drive home. I sent her an email stating that I would cover any charges if they could please mail it back. Jane answered my email promptly and assured me it had already been mailed, cost covered by the Inn.
That doesnt happen every day. We were in Petawawa for our nieces wedding, and I'd like to say thanks to Jane and her staff for a memorable, pleasant and hassle free stay. (also thanks 4 the return of my charger)
Keep up the good work!
We will be back!

Sabrina Palladine & Family
Toronto, Ontario

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lacsivia
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

I had a nice big room on the third floor. Unfortunately there is no elevator. I did the return trip on those stairs at least six times. That was a pretty good workout.

I found the odour a little disconcerting; it was sweet, like a cleaning fluid. Since the windows don't open, I had to rely on the air conditioner to freshen the room. I am sure that it only recirculated the air.

The internet didn't work; which upset me terribly. And it seemed that there was nobody who could be called about it.

I found the level of cleanliness to be totally acceptable and I slept quite well, except for the noise in the hallway during the night.

I would have loved a beer in my room, but there is no room service. A reason for picking a larger hotel, or staying in a larger town where the liquor store is open later.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank datacat
JayneDouggan, Front office manager at Petawawa River Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2009
Dear Guest,

I wish to apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you during your visit to Petawawa. While we try our best to provide great customer service, and ensure all guests have a comfortable and enjoyable night; it seems we have failed during your stay with us.

To address your concerns, our hotel is licensed, and based on your feed back we have now included a bar menu in each room, so that guests are aware that they may order beverages from our bar via room service. We have also improved our internet service so there are very limited interruptions.

Unfortunately, the majority of our room windows still do not open, however, as we grow and upgrade we are replacing our windows to ones which open. Thus far 3 have been completed.

I would like to invite you to stay with us again at no charge, so that we may attempt to provide you with our hospitality. Please feel free to call or email me directly anytime.
We look forward to seeing you again.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments with regards to our cleaning standards, they were very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

1-800-573-9775
frontdesk@petawawariverinnandsuites.ca
Borden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

I stayed there for 2 night I paid $40 extra to book a pet friendly room. The dogs were only in the room long enough to sleep as we traveled the whole time with them with us. After check out they charaged my credit card $150 stating that the room smelled like a dog and the had to take extra time to change the bedding and mop the floors!!!! I am sorry but I assumed that they did this after every guest ewwwwww thats nasty. So I got ripped off $150 and they don't clean apparently. DON't Waste your money drive the extra 10-15 minites and go to pembroke!! Also we had a flat screen in our room which was terriable there were lines through the picture you could barely see the picture!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kwright15
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2008

What a dump! Horrible place to stay -- just drive a bit further and stay in Pembroke.

$119 a night for the worst room I have ever stayed at in my life.
But what can you expect, I guess? It IS Petawawa after all.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Kathleen D
At Petawawa River Inn & Suites we have always prided ourselves on cleanliness, and have been recognized for our housekeeping. We are a Canada Select 3/2 star property and are CAA approved . We conduct quality assurance inspections regularly.
Our hotel has been renovated to a very high standard, upgrades include new pillow top mattresses, flat screen TV with DVD, paint, carpet, upholstery and bedding.
We are very disappointed that a guest has found their room to be unsatisfactory.
Our staff is concerned with guest comfort and strives to provide excellent service and a clean, comfortable room.
I hope that we will be given the opportunity to offer our hospitality again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petawawa
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 11 in Pembroke
Pine Motel
Pine Motel
#1 of 3 in Deep River

Been to Petawawa River Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!