“Lovely Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Petawawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Lovely Hotel!”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

This is a brand new hotel - everything is shiny and clean. I had a large room with a king size bed and a plasma tv, microwave and fridge. Very comfy! Rate includes continental breakfast buffet (toast, yogurt, coffee, fruit etc). Staff is super friendly and enthusiastic. Will be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We stayed at the Quality Inn while in town for a military function on the base. It was our first stay there. I was thoroughly impressed with the beautiful interior and the desk staff. When we arrived, I noticed there were alot of "energetic" teenagers in the building and inquired if there was a hockey tournament that weekend; the receptionist confirmed there was and I expressed concern that they might be loud and rowdy. She immediately said that if we had any problems to inform them immediately. When we made our way into the elevator, we noticed they had already posted signs reminding their young visitors that any disruption to another guest's stay would result in removal from the hotel.

The rooms were spacious, clean, well equipped and the bathroom was large as well.

They served an excellent breakfast - not just continental - but have a custom made waffle machine, as well as eggs and bacon available.

Free wifi and a computer (or two?) in the lobby.

Excellent stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This new hotel is located on Petawawa's main strip and if you are looking for a nice hotel with a pool, hot tub and complimentary breakfast, this is the place. Hosts are a nice couple from Austria who are attentive and run a clean, friendly place. Great place to stay if you are in Petawawa for a hockey tournament or visiting the military base.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We stayed here to attend a wedding, and I'm glad I held out and waited until the hotel opened to book it. The hotel was brand new when we stayed there, I think we were the first guests to use the room we were in (the shower curtain was still folded!). The decor is beautiful, the people are friendly, the breakfast is adequate. The room was slightly cramped, but the bed was very comfortable. If I am in this area again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, ON
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I travel to the Pembroke and Petawawa area on business quite often. I've been waiting for this hotel to open, and after my first stay, I am certainly not disappointed. By far the best hotel in the area. Worth the extra money over the others.

Having Kelsey's right next door makes for an easy dinner after a day on the road. The hotel also provides a complimentary light cooked breakfast. Not the best, but it certainly does the job.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa
Reviewed December 29, 2009

This is a brand new hotel that was very clean with a good continental breakfast included in room price. Amenties in room were quite nice for a Quality Inn. It is certainly the nicest Quality Inn I have seen. Hotel was quiet and there are a number of restaurants nearby. Free wireless internet as well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2009

This place has only been open for about a month. Much better public spaces and rooms compared to other Quality Inns I have stayed in. I am in the military so there is a two-edged sword with staying so close to CFB Petawawa. The location is great but I was concerned about the possibility of rowdiness and noise. Despite all the uniforms, at breakfast, I had two very quiet nights.

For dinner there is a Kelseys across the parking lot

My only complaints:

1. The hot breakfast is rather lame.

2. It is so new you can smell the glue they used in laying the carpets.

I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petawawa
Petawawa River Inn & Suites
#6 of 11 in Pembroke
Time Travellers Motel
Time Travellers Motel
#5 of 11 in Pembroke

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!