“Disappointed”

Red Fox Restaurant Tavern
Ranked #28 of 67 Restaurants in Perth
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Went for lunch as we heard good things about this restaurant and wanted to try it. Place was half empty after the lunch rush with several dirty tables. Waitress took our drink order right away, and returned a long while later for our food order. Ordered fish and chips, and the club sandwich - my husband saw the fish and chip meal delivered to another table, and it looked good, so he wanted to have that too. My club sandwich was good, fish was disappointing. It was a small piece (compared to the other diner's meal) and was not very good. Didn't eat it. Manager apologized for the meal, gave us half off that meal. Didn't offer to bring something else instead. Service after that deteriorated.
Won't be back. Golden Arrow across the street is much friendlier and better food. Should have gone there in the beginning.

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

We tried this place out for the first time for dinner on a Wednesday night in March. Quiet and very few patrons, fast friendly service and fast food. My club sandwich and fries was average to good - sandwich made with real cut chicken but without cheese, frozen fries but ok. But, my bf's dinner was a little disgusting- frozen or canned corn and a sad pan fried uninteresting chicken breast. And onion rings were frozen and super greasy and over crisped. Finally, the ambiance was really not nice, dated and bright pub setting. I'd go back for a beer, but I'd take a pass on dining.

1  Thank Jewel C
Reviewed March 25, 2017

My sister and I go here quite often for lunch and my husband and friends go here for dinner. The food is all homemade and served hot. Service is excellent and a very friendly place to visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

My Wife, Parents & I stopped for a late lunch on March 2/17. Restaurant was pretty much empty with a few people at the bar.
Our waitress was exceptionally nice, enjoyable & efficient. The food was OK, but I felt like it was frozen food with the exception of my mothers Club House sandwich that had real sliced turkey breast. I think I'll return to O'Reillys next visit to Perth.

Reviewed February 23, 2017

I have to give this establishment an average rating simply because it is a local tavern with no "cuisine" as such. Good food no doubt. Great people. I would love to have this tavern in my hometown.