“Best BBQ Beef Brisket I've had in a long time!”

Wildfire BBQ and Smokehouse
Ranked #26 of 62 Restaurants in Perth
Ottawa, Canada
“Best BBQ Beef Brisket I've had in a long time!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was my first visit to Wildfire BBQ and Smokehouse and I had the BBQ Beef Brisket. I enjoyed the outdoor atmosphere and didn't wait very long for my food. They aren't kidding when they describe the brisket as being tender and juicy. It was really delicious and with their generous servings there was plenty to satisfy. I enjoyed their seasoned fries and smoked veggies as well. I tried their signature hot sauce which is homemade and really liked it. It had a good amount of heat and plenty of flavor.

Can't wait to go back and try something else next time I'm in Perth. It will have to be soon though as they're only open for 6 months out of the year. I'd say for the quality of the food and size of the servings the prices are quite reasonable.

1 Thank JonoCono

Perth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dried up ribs”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The ribs were over cooked/smoked like leather and had a hard time getting the meat of the bones. My daughter found them too greasy. Maybe I'll try the wings next time.

1 Thank Davidoux
“Second chance, bad outcome.”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Last year when it first opened, my wife and I tried the sampler. We liked the pulled pork and brisket as well as the sauces. The chicken and ribs, however, were not good. The chicken was slimy and had a texture like it was undercooked. The ribs were dry on the outside and had a thick layer of fat that was disgusting! Tried the wings too, they were very good, had the hush puppies and really liked them. Tried it again this year and the wings were still excellent, but the hush puppies, on the other hand, were dark in colour and greasy, like they were deep fried in old oil. It made both our stomachs upset. Another turnoff was the picnic tables were very dirty with many grease stains and the ants do indeed come marching one by one. Cheap solution would be some sort of easily wipeable plastic table covering. I will go back to take home the wings but my wife's business is gone forever.

2 Thank Andrew M
Ottawa, Canada
“Satisfying!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Reasonably priced and OH, SO GOOD! We tried the Smokehouse Burger and pulled pork poutine. Sides are yummy and some would be hard to find anywhere else (i.e. hush puppies, smoked veggies). I've never had a smoked burger before and this one is stuffed with more smoked goodness -- pulled pork & cheddar. Nothing low-cal here...

Loved the outdoor atmosphere. We were lucky to have fabulous weather. My only disappointment was the iced tea -- too sweet for my taste. If I were a local, this would be a regular stop for me.

1 Thank banb
Perth, Canada
“Fresh and new”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Wildfire has taken BBQ to a new level in Perth. There is nothing comparable and the offerings we have tried has been fantastic. It's an experience I would recommend to anyone. Try the sauces they really make the meal.

• Visited June 2014