“Great Concept”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Concept”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is exactly what summer needs!!!! Authentic - the food is seasoned/smoked to perfection, well chosen menu and you can tell it's all made from scratch (the sides are pretty original - warm cinnamon apples and home-made baked beans). We only had the ribs (awesome) but next time we'll try the sampler, you git a bit of everything. (they need to busild ome washrooms)

• Visited August 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Too much smoke”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was also excited -- thought this would be our new takeout heaven. We ordered the sampler as this was our first time. That's chicken, ribs, beef brisket, and pulled pork, 2 sides (each). We ordered takeout for a later time, and picked it up. After a 10 minute drive home, it was cool. It could not have been just freshly put together. We couldn't finish our meals, and not because we were full. Everything was smoked. The chicken, the pork, the ribs, the beef, the baked beans, even the coleslaw (how do you smoke coleslaw???). Not to mention the bbq sauce and the jute sauce. It was just too much smoked flavour. The only things that weren't smoked were the fries and the hush puppies (they were superb). Add to that, the ribs were tough. Neither one of us felt good after we ate, it sat like lead in our stomachs. We left the rest thinking we'd try again at lunch the next day. Neither of us were interested and it went into the garbage.

• Visited August 2013
Perth, Ontario
“Wish I could give this place a better rating”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was a little excited to see this outdoor BBQ restaurant open up in town. Our family enjoys different tastes and Perth has not seen a place like this in the 18 + years we've been here. Sadly, we were a little disappointed with our first tastes from this place.
The concept is pretty cool. Southern style BBQ with a hint of Lanark. I'd never heard of hush puppies until this week (some friends were in North Carolina and posted pictures on Facebook) and lo! I could try them right here in Lanark County. I enjoyed them, along with the Juke sauce my son said went well with them. I had the ribs. They were a bit dry for my liking. The Wildfire sauce was hot, hot, hot. By which I mean "Honey go buy me an overpriced bottle of water" hot. And yes, I should have done like my son and gone to Tim Hortons next door and bought an iced lemonade for the same price. My husband's pulled pork was also "ok". The sides are pretty darn small. The beans, however, were excellent. This may be the first foray for this group and maybe things will improve with time. I really hope it does. As an outdoor restaurant in the Canadian North, their season will be limited once Labour Day arrives. It would be interesting to see them translate to an indoor venue.
Which brings me to prices. When I spend $62 on food in Perth, I expect real (not plastic) cutlery. The service was ok. Not great. It wasn't fast food (for which I am grateful) so don't pop in thinking you're getting out in 15 minutes. I would give this place a second chance. But only one more. And I think we would order a family meal for value's sake.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank siodoc
Perth, Canada
“Just what Eastern Ontario needed!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We've been to 12-bones, an American institution in North Carolina. Over the past few weeks we've had meals here in Perth that bring that southern flavour up north. Now we have Wildfire BBQ and Steakhouse and they're on their way to becoming a great one with a Lanark twist. Maple! The food is a little inconsistent but the staff are excellent. The ribs and chicken were great. The brisket two out of three times was good but it was a bit dry and the last time it was burned but still better than I could do. Meat portions are large. Sauces are super! Sides are very good but very small. Order ahead, it is not fast food and thank goodness. Definitely worth a visit. We hope they'll open up indoors for the winter.

• Visited July 2013