“Nice patio”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We returned to the Masonry one hot summer day for lunch in their nice, new shady patio which is behind the restaurant. I had a delicious fish taco - yummy and a refreshing white wine spritzer. Hubby had a satisfying burger and one of their multitudinous beers. .... We will return!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were a group of twelve woman, former nursing classmates from OCH class of '63 gathering for lunch. I recognized the owner from his photograph on the web site. He was standing at the cash, but he did not acknowledged us as we arrived, and he watched me struggle to push the front door open. This owner missed a chance to show some hospitality.

I ordered the masonry salad because of the wonderful description of it on the menu. The salad arrived at the bottom of a huge bowl. The usual romaine with a small serving of what seemed like deep fried ham cut into tiny cubes, one half of a poorly cooked hard boiled egg cut into 4 pieces, 3 tiny slices of avacado which were not fresh, small cubes of tomato which had the dressing on them which I gather was the blue cheese buttermilk dressing, and some mystery product, grey in colour, tastless which I assume was the crab. This salad was absolutely bland! This is their signature salad and it was not worth the $16.

The post lunch comments on the sidewalk outside indicate that no one really enjoyed their lunch.

One of our group sent her salad back because her avacado was black. The salad was returned minus the black avacado.

Sorry Masonry,,..we will not be returning.

On a positive note, we had a great server. She had a beautiful smile, did her job well, and tried to please us.

The restaurant was clean and nicely done as were the washrooms.

This restaurant is not handicap friendly. There are steep steps from the sidewalk leading up to the front door, and the door is VERY heavy! The restrooms are on the second floor.

3  Thank lovetovacation075
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Beer was excellent MacKinnon Brothers Crosscut out of Bath Ontario. I am not a beer drinker and really, really enjoyed this new brew! Best Hamburger I have ever had IN MY LIFE. It was made with locally produced top grade and included the Masonry Bacon Butter (yes-bacon butter!) and crispy onions on a nice fresh bun. Nice atmosphere by the fountain on the hidden patio. One of those rare finds that I will choose to visit again soon. I love the wine list as well as it included several of my favourite, local Ontario wines.....

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My family and I have dined here many times breakfast lunch and dinner and always had great friendly service and really good food.
Today for my birthday my wife and I thought we would go there for breakfast on the patio but we arrived were told patio server not in till 1030. We were disappointed but food was great. Perhaps on these nice sunny summer days the patio could open earlier.
Have a good day

1  Thank Birthdayboy1947
Reviewed June 26, 2014

A friend of mine and I attended a retirement function in Perth and stopped by the Masonry for a light lunch. We both ordered soup of the day and Caesar Salad. Our server Chantal was very efficient and knowledgeable of the Craft Beer that are available for your enjoyment. I tried the Prison Break, Pilsner and it was very good and full bodied. The lunch was delicious and the soup was piping hot. Salad was tasty with a very smooth dressing and good size croutons. The serving looked small when it arrived but by the time we consumed the meal we were both full with not much room for desert. The building is a gorgeous old building possibly for the late 1800's and is well maintained . There is a nice patio out back and over all everything was great. I can see my wife jumping into our "65 Vette" and taking a drive to Perth to enjoy this great place sometime soon.