“Go for the Caesar Salad - everything else is a bonus!”
Review of The Masonry - CLOSED

The Masonry
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My beloved makes what had heretofore been widely acknowledged as the best Caesar Salad. Period. But on an auspicious Sunday afternoon, even she had to accept that the world had stopped spinning on its axis ever so briefly, and that The Masonry's Caesar Salad WAS the clear winner of the Caesar Salad wars.

Everything else we ate was yummy, and the Chef went our of her way to accommodate a nut allergy...

...but....that Caesar Salad was divine!

kylehwoods, Owner at The Masonry, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you very much for the compliments on our salad. It seems that you are quite particular about your caesar salad and to hear we won a salad war we did not know we were even in is great news! :) Again, I thank you for your comments and we hope to see you in again when you are back in town.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

What an absolute delight to have this wonderful restaurant in Perth.We have had the opportunity to eat at the Masonry at least 6 times and each time the food has been fantastic and the service attentive, warm and friendly. Kyle and his staff have been very creative with their menu and it shows from the presentation of the food to the taste. The food is wonderfully delicious, homemade as well as just being a little bit different - far from boring or standard. The selection is amazing and they have a great selection of sides to suit any tastes. My favourite breakfast in the Breakfast Sammy with a side of delicious Greek yogurt & granola. My husband loves the eggs Benny - a taste sensation he says. The scallops we had for dinner were the best I have ever eaten and the lamb was succulent and delicious. The ambiance in the Masonry is wonderful from the hardwood floors, to creative lighting and beautiful exposed old brick.
A definite destination restaurant - well worth the drive and a definite for those of us who live in Perth !

Thank you for the compliments. We strive to exceed expectations when it comes to the food, service and environment. We hope to see you here again!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Perth has beautiful Stewart Park, now there is a great place to pick up a picnic lunch to eat there. We had no idea that a new restaurant had opened next to the park in one of the original stone buildings. It had been vacant for a long time so we went into check it out. We were happily surprised. The sandwiches were delightfully presented wrapped in paper and tied with string. Not only did they look great, both the vegetarian and chicken were excellent. The server, who was warm and friendly, mentioned that we should come back for lunch another time. We will be back!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped in on a whim, our Saturday morning date after the farmer's market, looking for a little breakfast and found a wonderful addition to dining in Perth!
I had the eggs Benny, and asked for no ham, the server suggested a substitution. Wow! Perfectly made poached eggs with oyster mushrooms, and freshly made Hollandaise. The potatoes were fresh and cooked perfectly. Service, atmosphere, portion size, little touches here and there, just excellent! I'm bringing friends in treat them. Thanks so much.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have frequented this new addition to the Perth restaurant scene. I can easily say this is by far my favorite place to grab breakfast and lunch. The food is sourced as locally as possible and prepped all in house. The dining room is comfy with hard wood floors and exposed brick.

My go to dish for breakfast is the eggs Benedict. They come with an herb and cheddar biscuit that is made in house, thick back bacon, soft poached eggs and REAL hollandaise with a touch of fresh basil and cracked black pepper added in. No lack of side dish options either. You have a choice between potatoes, fruit salad or my personal favorite, granola and yogurt. The granola is made in house and the yogurt is thick greek style with honey and vanilla bean added in.

Rumor has it that dinner will be starting soon. I cannot wait for then!