“Culinary Delight !”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Perth, Ontario, Canada
“Culinary Delight !”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

What an absolute delight to have this wonderful restaurant in Perth.We have had the opportunity to eat at the Masonry at least 6 times and each time the food has been fantastic and the service attentive, warm and friendly. Kyle and his staff have been very creative with their menu and it shows from the presentation of the food to the taste. The food is wonderfully delicious, homemade as well as just being a little bit different - far from boring or standard. The selection is amazing and they have a great selection of sides to suit any tastes. My favourite breakfast in the Breakfast Sammy with a side of delicious Greek yogurt & granola. My husband loves the eggs Benny - a taste sensation he says. The scallops we had for dinner were the best I have ever eaten and the lamb was succulent and delicious. The ambiance in the Masonry is wonderful from the hardwood floors, to creative lighting and beautiful exposed old brick.
A definite destination restaurant - well worth the drive and a definite for those of us who live in Perth !

• Visited October 2013
kylehwoods, Owner at The Masonry, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for the compliments. We strive to exceed expectations when it comes to the food, service and environment. We hope to see you here again!

Perth, Canada
“Excellent location for providing a great picnic”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Perth has beautiful Stewart Park, now there is a great place to pick up a picnic lunch to eat there. We had no idea that a new restaurant had opened next to the park in one of the original stone buildings. It had been vacant for a long time so we went into check it out. We were happily surprised. The sandwiches were delightfully presented wrapped in paper and tied with string. Not only did they look great, both the vegetarian and chicken were excellent. The server, who was warm and friendly, mentioned that we should come back for lunch another time. We will be back!

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Canada
“A Very Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped in on a whim, our Saturday morning date after the farmer's market, looking for a little breakfast and found a wonderful addition to dining in Perth!
I had the eggs Benny, and asked for no ham, the server suggested a substitution. Wow! Perfectly made poached eggs with oyster mushrooms, and freshly made Hollandaise. The potatoes were fresh and cooked perfectly. Service, atmosphere, portion size, little touches here and there, just excellent! I'm bringing friends in treat them. Thanks so much.

Kingston Ont
“Can't wait for dinner”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have frequented this new addition to the Perth restaurant scene. I can easily say this is by far my favorite place to grab breakfast and lunch. The food is sourced as locally as possible and prepped all in house. The dining room is comfy with hard wood floors and exposed brick.

My go to dish for breakfast is the eggs Benedict. They come with an herb and cheddar biscuit that is made in house, thick back bacon, soft poached eggs and REAL hollandaise with a touch of fresh basil and cracked black pepper added in. No lack of side dish options either. You have a choice between potatoes, fruit salad or my personal favorite, granola and yogurt. The granola is made in house and the yogurt is thick greek style with honey and vanilla bean added in.

Rumor has it that dinner will be starting soon. I cannot wait for then!

Westport, Canada
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

3 of us went for lunch to The Masonry and the food and service was terrible. I had high hopes after reading the reviews and took 2 friends from out of town and can hardly believe we all ate at the same place. We all ordered a salad which was supposed to have turkey, beef and oyster mushrooms. After quite a wait our bowls arrived with scraps of finely chopped oyster mushrooms, mystery meat (turkey?) and a few slices of deli roast beef. This sat on plain old romaine lettuce with a few slices of red onion. No other vegetables. Not only did it not have any flavour, it was very unappealing to look at. We couldn't find the dressing, so asked for more. We were not offered any water and had to ask for refills on our coffee. Since we were still hungry we asked for some bread. The server brought a few slices of sourdough bread and charged us for it.
There are some decent places to eat in Perth, but this was a huge disappointment.

1 Thank Jan C
kylehwoods, Owner at The Masonry, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your input on your recent visit to the Masonry. It is apparent that the level of service and food quality that is to be expected was not reached. I have several questions for you regarding your visit. The answers will help us avoid these issues in the future. I also hope that you and your friends can join us again to experience what the Masonry failed to do so on your last visit.

Please contact me directly (if you wish of course) at kwoods@themasonry.ca.

Kyle Woods