“Can't wait for dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Masonry - CLOSED

The Masonry
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kingston Ont
“Can't wait for dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have frequented this new addition to the Perth restaurant scene. I can easily say this is by far my favorite place to grab breakfast and lunch. The food is sourced as locally as possible and prepped all in house. The dining room is comfy with hard wood floors and exposed brick.

My go to dish for breakfast is the eggs Benedict. They come with an herb and cheddar biscuit that is made in house, thick back bacon, soft poached eggs and REAL hollandaise with a touch of fresh basil and cracked black pepper added in. No lack of side dish options either. You have a choice between potatoes, fruit salad or my personal favorite, granola and yogurt. The granola is made in house and the yogurt is thick greek style with honey and vanilla bean added in.

Rumor has it that dinner will be starting soon. I cannot wait for then!

Westport, Canada
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

3 of us went for lunch to The Masonry and the food and service was terrible. I had high hopes after reading the reviews and took 2 friends from out of town and can hardly believe we all ate at the same place. We all ordered a salad which was supposed to have turkey, beef and oyster mushrooms. After quite a wait our bowls arrived with scraps of finely chopped oyster mushrooms, mystery meat (turkey?) and a few slices of deli roast beef. This sat on plain old romaine lettuce with a few slices of red onion. No other vegetables. Not only did it not have any flavour, it was very unappealing to look at. We couldn't find the dressing, so asked for more. We were not offered any water and had to ask for refills on our coffee. Since we were still hungry we asked for some bread. The server brought a few slices of sourdough bread and charged us for it.
There are some decent places to eat in Perth, but this was a huge disappointment.

1 Thank Jan C
kylehwoods, Owner at The Masonry, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your input on your recent visit to the Masonry. It is apparent that the level of service and food quality that is to be expected was not reached. I have several questions for you regarding your visit. The answers will help us avoid these issues in the future. I also hope that you and your friends can join us again to experience what the Masonry failed to do so on your last visit.

Please contact me directly (if you wish of course) at kwoods@themasonry.ca.

Kyle Woods
Owner/Operator
The Masonry Restaurant & Market
Edmonton, AB
“Totally Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently spent a couple weeks in and around Perth. I visited The Masonry firstly for breakfast and enjoyed the Breakfast Sammy! It was a mouthful of awesomeness.. fresh and delightful. I returned several times and continued to enjoy both the Marketplace and lunch. I enjoy that it serves healthy, great tasting, modernized food. The Waffle is also great with the yummy parfait on the side.

Warm friendly staff, and a clean restaurant is important to me. I really also enjoy when a facility takes the time to make their washroom facilities clean and inviting. I really dislike a dirty public washroom.. seems funny but oh so important.

I enjoy the feel and the energy of this restaurant and look forward to when they open the patio! It will be an even better atmosphere and I'm sure they will be #1 in the area soon.

Best wishes to you all..

Ontario, Canada
“Welcome to a great addition to Perth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had lunch recently at this new Perth eatery. Loved my whole experience, from the friendly, knowledgable server to the sweet guy who took our drink order after settling us in so nicely.
I ordered breakfast for lunch and it was great value. A nice side of fresh fruit. And great coffee.
I returned the next week for breakfast earlier in the day for another pleasant visit. Friendly staff, and I met the young, foodie chef/owner who chatted about certain dishes and why he makes his sauces, including mayonnaise from scratch in his kitchen, and why he believes in his tasty menu choices. I look forward to having dinner there.
Clean tables, casual atmosphere, and fresh local produce and cheeses. Best of luck for a successful new venture. Perth has gained a fresh treat with The Masonry!

Perth, Canada
“Good for Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Appropriate lunch menu, good service, very slow on the food prep, though. Certainly worth a try, they will only get better with time. Market kiosk is terrific.

kylehwoods, Owner at The Masonry, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Despite our best efforts, we are still going through the growing pains of a new restaurant. This is not an excuse to the slow service that you experienced, and we continue to make changes in order to offer the best food possible in conjunction with top notch service.

Your patience was greatly appreciated during your visit, and we hope to see you again soon.

Kyle Woods