“ho, hum”
Review of Around The Corner - CLOSED

Around The Corner
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good food-not excellant but way over valued. On our visit, table of six, the service was quite slow and our waitress had trouble keeping the orders straight. A re-visit is unlikely.

2  Thank Perthweagens

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I took my mother there for lunch on a Wednesday in October,when we walked in there was a please wait to be seated sign. We waited patiently there were 2 ladies in front of us waiting as well, I was surprised when one said to the other have a great day and at that moment I realized the owner was the only staff on. We waited at the door for 10 mins before she even acknowledged us, which I found rude when she was chatting with a friend.

When we finally got seated we ordered some drinks, it took quite a while to get them, I think she had to brew the coffee. I ordered a calypso coffee I think there was more liquor in it than coffee I had to ask for a lager cup and more coffee. My mom ordered the burger and I had a pizza both were alright but not great the gravy was terrible tasted more like it was tomato based, I don't think we will ever go back.

1  Thank 300Red1988
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had dinner and lunch at Around the Corner the end of August. Our Friday night visit was with a friend. We had a very pleasant evening listening to a local duo performing a variety of music. The pizzas were very good and the wings were as well. Lunch the next day was delicious, soup and burgers and potato skins. Reasonably priced in a unique atmosphere. The courtyard area is really nice.
There seemed to be only one server but she managed very well. We had no issues with the service and will definitely go to Around the Corner on our next visit to Perth. If we had not been taken to Around the Corner by a Perth resident we would have not known about it as it is around the corner and not on the main thoroughfare. Check out the website!

3  Thank a71t
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at Around The Corner and found the service very good but we were the only people in so the place did not have a buzz to it as I think it would when there is a band playing, which is indicated by a drum kit and amplifier set up ready.
My wife had the chicken crepes which she enjoyed.
I had the simplest of meals " Burger and fries" which came in a basket in the shape of a guitar and made of wire, These don't work when you are trying to pick up fries with a fork."great if you want to use your fingers"
The Burger was average and way over priced for what you got.
Burger $8
Fries $3
Cheese $1.50
Gravy $2
Which comes to $14.50 OUTRAGEOUS
My wife's crepes were $16
The Coffee was the worst coffee I have ever tasted, It was hot water which had been shown a coffee bean from a distance, and I suspect "but I don't know for sure" that they are not filtering the water as there was a strong taste that comes with city water from the tap.
The waitress was great, she offered more coffee and I told her how bad the coffee was, she immediately poured the coffee pot out and brewed fresh, but alas it was as bad as the first and to me was unacceptable.
No charge was made for the coffee which was at their discretion as I didn't ask for it to be taken off the bill.
The restaurant has been open since November and if the owner reads this I strongly recommend that He or She look into there coffee supplier or coffee making machine because there is something wrong somewhere.
The menu didn't have enough choices for a light lunch time stop and suspect they are using the same menu that is used for dinner.
Our overall comment would be this is an overpriced lunch stop and there are FAR better places in Perth to eat.
Would we return? NO.

2  Thank Wingers2001
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I loved the restaurant itself, it's decor is great for any meal and time of day. Their patio is beautiful. The food was good, nothing to rave about but we enjoyed our pizza. The service was a bit slow, but I think they were understaffed that evening with only one server for everyone including the patio.

1  Thank Aeval V