“Great Luncheon Spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of O'Reilly's Ale House

O'Reilly's Ale House
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: O'reillys Ale House is focused on bringing you terrific locally sourced food and great live music in a family friendly enviroment. Stop in say hello and enjoy a drink on the patio!
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Luncheon Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I had visited this restaurant on a previous luncheon outing with guests from out of town and found it to be a fine pub grub eatery. One of our friends from England thought it was quite a nice pub with an excellent rendition of a Ploughman's lunch.In light of an enjoyable meal with friends we decided we would love a revisit by ourselves.

A nice table, very attentive wait staff and excellent house wine and microbrewery ale made for a pleasant start to our repast. As well as the regular menu items there were several house specials available that our server Zoe described in mouth watering detail. Our meal orders were promptly taken and were but 10-15 min to service allowing for a little people watching and conversation.

Once again the food did not disappoint. My wife had fresh crepes stuffed with chicken and asparagus and topped with a creamy garlic pesto sauce to die for accompanied by a very delicious house salad with an excellent balsamic vinaigrette. I had Pacific cod fish and chips which was as good as I could have hoped for (nothing special - just good tasting).

All in all a great spot to stop for lunch on Perth's main drag. No doubt about it we will return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrTim97

Canada
“Pub lunch- O'Reiilys”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Servings were significant--- decor is tired.-- not the best value for the $$$ IMHO. Staff quite friendly...

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Senorbolero
Ottawa, Canada
“Glad we chose this gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stopped here for lunch on Saturday with friends on our way to the Garlic Festival. Patio was full so we chose a table inside. Our server was friendly and helpful, all while training new staff who was shadowing her. We could see the kitchen and throuout lunch, we were amazed with the efficient service. Full orders were coming up quickly, and ding, then servers would appear and take the food. We didn't wait for long and really enjoyed our meals. I had the smoked turkey on rye special and liked the option of half fries half salad for sides. Great lunch at a fantastic pub!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brandy613
Perth, Canada
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I find the pub not that comfortable in terms of the chairs and decor, not cozy. But service is always good and food is good. I like their salads and hamburgers and veg pizzas.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 121bw
Minnesota
“Stale smell in the restaurant makes bad first impression”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to O'Reillys for a good pub meal. The first thing that struck me when I walked in was an overwhleming smell of mildew or perhaps spilt beer. I would not have been able to eat in the restaurant because of the smell. So thankfully we were seated out on the patio which was nice. (I am not a person who is sensitive to smells, but to be fair no one else noticed the odor.) As for the food, the fries were great as was the salad, but my burger was completely overcooked, dry, and basically crunchy. I would never eat there again. Although some parts of the meals we good, the smell and the burger were bad enough that I will not go there again.

• Visited July 2013