“Paradise continues outside of Perth”

Murphys Point Provincial Park
Ranked #2 of 29 things to do in Perth
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just minutes from Perth. Great camping facility but we were there for the day swimming and canoeing which we did plenty of this year at the "Point"

2  Thank Christine H
"amazing staff"
"car camping"
"cross country skiing"

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went on our first family camping trip to Murphys Point Provincial Park recently and will go again. I am not a camper (or at least I wasn't before this trip) so was going into this rather blind. I choose Murphys Point based on the proximity to my home - close enough that if I hated it I could escape, but not so close that I would run home at the first hurdle. That being said, I was very impressed with the Park. My family and I had a great time camping. The campsite (Hogg Bay) was clean and well treed and our site was large and not too close to our neighbors. There is a 'comfort station' with showers and flush toilets- all very clean. The beach for the campground was nice and looked great for small children, although it was a little tame for my teens. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We were lucky enough to go during the Mica Festival, put on by the Friends of Murphys Point. We toured the Silver Queen Mine and hiked around the area. All in all, it was a great first family camping trip and to my family's delight we will be back.

1  Thank KerryD1
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It's great to go on line and do your own booking but if that's not quite enough for you do not hesitate to contact the support staff as they are always friendly and willing to help in any way. We use to camp here more often when our daughter was younger and have always thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Check their website for all the amenities, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Reeds123
Reviewed September 4, 2012

great for the whole family, including seniors to babies! It has a special camp cabin for rent, and you can rent canoes/kayaks. The beaches are great with awesome wildlife trails and fishing areas.

1  Thank Nersun_muntz