“Not up to expectation”
Review of The Stone Cellar

The Stone Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stone Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Ate at this restaurant valentine weekend. Unfortunately the food was very ordinary and the service was only adequate if not lacking . Asked how the appetizer was, I replied that the beef wellington was overpowered by the thyme and therefore not very good. Couldn't taste the beef . Waitress said she would tell the kitchen. End of discussion. The main entree was a lobster poutine, interesting but could possible find as good on food truck in Ottawa. Desert included a s'more pudding, waitress brought 2 spoons and never asked my wife whose dinner did not include desert if she would like something else. Assumed we wanted to share which we eventually did. Not much better than rest of meal. Waitress said they were making fresh pot of coffee and the took forever to serve us. Not impressed for the price of the meal. Have eaten here before will frequent other restaurants in Perth before returning here. Too expensive for quality of food and service.

1  Thank Richard K
There are newer reviews for The Stone Cellar

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I wasn't left with many good things to write about after my experience here. Great wine selection but that's about it. Scallops to start, a bit under cooked. Then "The Original Torpedo Chicken" One cut into it and all the stuffing of apples and cranberries fell out in what seemed to be a dry disk form. Chicken was okay but a small portion. We rarely have dessert anywhere we go but thought, "how can you mess up chocolate cake" Finally when our half eaten dishes were picked up we had the opportunity to ask for dessert. Another 20 minutes later we finally had it. I took one bite, put my fork down and asked my date if he just wanted to go. It defiantly was chocolate but was tough I had to cut it with my fork. Seemed as though someone forgot to put it back in the fridge or put plastic around it. Any and all moisture had left that cake days ago. We will go back but maybe in the busier season when the food is fresh daily and not saved to the bitter end.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Great service, nice warem roaring fire, good wine and fabulous food! I will be back with friends ... love to share my great finds!!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I went to The Stone Cellar for our anniversary. I had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten in my life. The staff went out of their way to make our anniversary special, even bringing us some champagne to celebrate. I only wish this restaurant were closer to our home so that we could go there more often. I highly recommend this restaurant and I hope that your experience is as good as ours!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Though we did not eat at the restaurant, Jamie and his team catered our recent wedding at the nearby Parkside Inn. He is terrific to work with, creative and collaborative, and easily accommodated all of our special requests (vegetarian, gluten free and more). They source locally grown produce and are very selective about the quality of ingredients they use. We utilized him for a cocktail reception and dinner for a group of approximately 65 people. This included full wait service for both. From the hors d'oeuvres to the main course, the food was very good. We received a lot of compliments from our guests about the service and quality of food. We would not hesitate to use or recommend the Stone Cellars' services for any event!