“Perfect Lunch at the Perth Kilt Run”
Review of The Stone Cellar

The Stone Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stone Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I were visitors to Perth for the first time yesterday. I was running the 8k Perth Kilt run and we were hanging out in Perth all day before the race at 6pm. What would we do for lunch? We are from Ottawa and there are so many choices there, we thought that we would have to settle for burgers or something since we didn't know the area.

Right across from the Race sign-in area was a nice patio extending from a beautiful old stone building housing a restaurant. The posted menu enticed us to sit down (on the patio). From the beginning, the service was friendly and attentive. My husband ordered salmon and it came with a salad. I ordered the quiche and with a salad also. The soup of the day sounded great so we shared a bowl. Erik had a cheesecake and espresso for dessert. Not me because I was running in a few hours!!

Perth is a beautiful town and we will definitely come back and come to this restaurant!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

On April 20,2013 reservations were made at the Stone Cellar for a party of seven (six adults and one child). The atmosphere was conducive for a friendly visit with friends however that's where expectations ceased. After our meal the only two of our party who had ordered the same specials started experiencing stomach ailments and continued throughout the evening with sickness. Very little sleep was had due to this and immediately the next day a call was placed into the establishment. An apology was issued by ownership with statements such as samples were to be submitted to health board of special. Over a month later, still have not heard from health board (which in itself seems odd if indeed samples were submitted) nor has ownership of establishment taken active responsibility for by far the worst eating experience ever encountered.

Would not recommend this establishment due (1) sickness experienced and (2) lack of ownership of this botched up meal.

4  Thank tethco621
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I went here for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. Our nephew, Nick, cooked a wonderful meal with soup, main course and dessert. The restaurant gave us complimentary champange in long stemmed glasses. We were beside the two sided fire place and it was wonderful. We would certainly recommend this place for supper. We did not go home hungry and enjoyed every moment of our dinner.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

There were 4 of us from out of town @ 7pm on a Saturday night & we had a reservation., just as well as the restaurant was busy.
On the menu it said: "whole anchovies on the Caesar salad". I love anchovies & do not feel a Caesar is complete without them so that is what I ordered. as an appetizer. Just before our server was about to bring the appetizers, she told me they did not have anchovies! I had already told her why I ordered the Caesar so she should have checked with the kitchen or it should have been told to the servers.It was a saturday; surely if they were out someone could have gone to a grocery store & bought some? So I changed my order to crab cakes which were fine.
The main courses were fine, not fantastic.
There was no dessert menu! Our server just reeled off a few rather unappetizing items.
The wine list in my opinion was heavy on expensive wines ($100+)
Agreed the restaurant was busy & we were not local or regulars, but the service was slow. We were basically the last out @ 9:30pm

1  Thank fineinn
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved the meal. The Torpedo Chicken was amazing and my husband had the steak and he said it was cooked perfect. My only recommendation would be to have a bit more light as the menus were hard to read both at the bar and our table.