“Charming historic setting, average food”

FiddleHeads Bar and Grill
Ranked #16 of 62 Restaurants in Perth
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
NY
“Charming historic setting, average food”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We enjoyed our lunch at this place....the setting was great, we were outside with a view of Big Ben and Ian Millar statue. (that was a nice surprise to a horse-person like me) Service was good, but I think the portions were somewhat small for the price. We had the poutines with Guinness sauce, and the honey garlic wings, a nice variation for wings. Both dishes were fine but a little skimpy.
They do not have iced tea! Huh???no iced tea?? Come on! Your loss, Fiddleheads owner, because we ordered ice water instead.

• Visited August 2014

ON, Canada
“Went out of our way for a bite to eat :)”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Driving home from Peterborough we decided to add a bit of time to our drive so we could have something to eat at Fiddleheads.
We got there at 3:30 - but no menu is available until 4:00. Not a big deal becuase we had a beer while we waited BUT it was an inconvenience as it added time to our driving day and we were beyond hungry.

The food did not let us down - we ate faster than normal, but still managed to taste the food. Nachos are great (HINT: do not order extra sour cream, you won't need it).

Great atmosphere
Great service
Great choices of beer

I would love it if they would add Quesidillas to their menu...just my opinion.

• Visited August 2014
WESTPORT
“Good Food at a Decent price”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The décor is old world and the service is efficient. The mostly pub style fare is acceptable and the ingredients of good quality. The décor is the star as the restaurant is housed in a former mill. Nice place to visit with adjoining shops

Visited December 2013
Renfrew, Canada
“Walked Out”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife and I attended the garlic festival in Perth today. We had arrived early enough in Perth to enjoy Sunday Brunch. Upon entering the facility at approx 12:15 p.m. we noticed many vacant tables in the dining room. While being seated by a very gracious server we were offered a table for 2 situated against a brick column in the middle of the dinning room. I declined and asked if we could sit on the bench seats near the window, keeping in mind there were only 3 tables being served at the time and more then 6 table for 4 vacant. I was informed graciously that they could not seat 2 people at a table for 4 "restaurant policy". I asked to speak to the manager and was directed to the bar. I asked the manager if we could be seated at my requested table and was told no "restaurant policy". I understand if this was a busy restaurant with a line up at the door BUT it wasn't, the place at the very most was 1/3 capacity. As I explained this was a silly policy and we would be leaving without eating. My wife and I couldn't help but notice the look of disappointment and helplessness of the servers and managers. If this is an owner policy you should start thinking about customer service. I would have spent a half hour in your restaurant, spent $50.00 to $60.00 and likely not written a review.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Ez V
“Just OK”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here. Lovely dining room near the park in an old stone building. But very average food. Hamburgers were a main item, but the two we tried were just fair, nothing to write about. Service was friendly and pleasant, but no reason to to recommend this place to eat.

Visited August 2014