“In need of a menu revamp”
Review of The White Truffle - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The White Truffle
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Claims to be a fine dining/ martini lounge. Sorry but they've missed the mark. Although clean the restaurant lacks atmosphere. Our meal was terrible. Restaurant needs a new menu. Staff were nice . This is my 3rd and last time I will go.

1  Thank elizabethF67

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Once again, we had a lovely meal here. The food is consistently presented very nicely, served very warm and most importantly very tasty! Every bit as good as One99, Greystones or Bluebird but better service and much quieter. We will be back!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

the food here is really good- its never busy here and I don't know why not- it's just as good as the Blue Bird down the street- the service can be a little hit or miss..

1  Thank d-ray-toronto
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife & I drove up to Orangeville to do some shopping on Saturday, Feb.12 and went in to the White Truffle for lunch. We were the second group to be seated in the restaurant. We chose from the Winter Fixed Price menu. We both ordered the Warm Brie, which took 35 minutes to make it to our table. Over an hour for the entre. It appeared that the kitchen was sending out both the appetizers and then the entres for the first table before moving to us. The appetizer was a melted slice of Brie, a berry compote and some flat breads. I could have made it myself in less than 5 minutes. My Schnitzel was a bit dry but tasty. My wifes quiche was amazing.
The Marscapone dessert was excellent.

The wait staff was attentive, and the delay did seem to be with the kitchen. By the time we got our entres there were no more than 25 people in the restaurant. An 80 minute lunch is way too long especially for an almost empty restuarant. My rating on service is for the food delivery, and should in no way reflect on the servers. I am not sure if a manager was there, but we were there so long we finished our 1/2 litre of wine. Comping us another 2 glasses so we would have wine with the entre would have been a nice apology.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I said 3 times I can not eat anything with cream in it. They kept offering cream items. Finally the dessert I ordered was substituted for one with...whipped cream!

1  Thank 2plus2-9