“great food”

Dining options: Reservations
toronto
“great food”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

the food here is really good- its never busy here and I don't know why not- it's just as good as the Blue Bird down the street- the service can be a little hit or miss..

Visited March 2012
1 Thank d-ray-toronto

Georgetown, Canada
“Great Food but a long wait time for food!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife & I drove up to Orangeville to do some shopping on Saturday, Feb.12 and went in to the White Truffle for lunch. We were the second group to be seated in the restaurant. We chose from the Winter Fixed Price menu. We both ordered the Warm Brie, which took 35 minutes to make it to our table. Over an hour for the entre. It appeared that the kitchen was sending out both the appetizers and then the entres for the first table before moving to us. The appetizer was a melted slice of Brie, a berry compote and some flat breads. I could have made it myself in less than 5 minutes. My Schnitzel was a bit dry but tasty. My wifes quiche was amazing.
The Marscapone dessert was excellent.

The wait staff was attentive, and the delay did seem to be with the kitchen. By the time we got our entres there were no more than 25 people in the restaurant. An 80 minute lunch is way too long especially for an almost empty restuarant. My rating on service is for the food delivery, and should in no way reflect on the servers. I am not sure if a manager was there, but we were there so long we finished our 1/2 litre of wine. Comping us another 2 glasses so we would have wine with the entre would have been a nice apology.

• Visited February 2012
Orangeville, Canada
“Don't listen”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I said 3 times I can not eat anything with cream in it. They kept offering cream items. Finally the dessert I ordered was substituted for one with...whipped cream!

1 Thank 2plus2-9
Ontario, Canada
“Not bad food slow service”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Some dishes are fantastic other are so so. One of the best eggs Benedict's on town. The service is always slow so give yourself time. Table at the window is nice. Try to get it!

Mississauga, Ontario
“2nd time a charm.”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Two years ago I tried this place for the first time and was not very happy. The Caesar salad was very fishy tasting. Two years later my husband dragged me here and what a pleasant surprise. The soup and appetizer was very yummy and flavor blended perfectly. My main course was very nice as well. I will go back again.