“Great Breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast
Toronto
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I have been going for Breakfast to the Nifty Nook for almost 30 years and are never disappointed. My father in law discovered it when he would travel to Orangeville to go to his farm and he would take his daughter for Breakfast. There have been some ownership changes over the years but the great quality of food and service never has. We've taken tourists there over the years and they are amazed at the quantity and quality of food. Definitely recommend it for a good old fashion breakfast.

• Visited September 2013

“Rough around the edges but still a gem !!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming to Nifty Nook for 3years now.Maybe 2 times a month.Its a great place.It could use a face lift but you would too if you were that old!! Portions are wonderful.Price is right on the ball.Gina (owner) is ALWAYS super friendly.Her girls are average but do need to be more attentive with the guests. I'm not much of a coffee drinker but I sure do love their coffee.
They colouring sheets for the kids are an added bonus and to top it off ...a lollipop on departure.
The washrooms REALLY do need to be redone though.

• Visited July 2013
Caledon, Canada
“Love the Breakfast”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We visit at least once a week. Great food and good variety.
Always a friendly place to be. The space is nicely decorated. Gina and her family will do their best to make you feel right at home! Today's Orangeville paper has them as the Best Breakfast location in Orangeville! Congratulations!

• Visited August 2013
Orangeville, Canada
“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place excels in the breakfast category. Eggs however you like them with whatever type of meat you desire along with dollar fries, fast service and the price is right.

• Visited June 2013
Erin, Ontario, Canada
“Lack of Attention”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several since last November, though yesterday - June 1st probably will be our last. We arrived there about 9:53am [well past the Breakfast crowd], there were about 5 tables occupied, the waitress came over - gave us a menu - asked if we needed a drink we ordered two coffees. Another lady brought us the coffee and left. Four customers came in, our waitress went over to them @ 9:57a and took their order before us? What gives? We are not regulars though we could have been. We sat and sat and sat, the original waitress came over and said 'oh, I'm sorry I thought the other person took your order!' I shook my head and said no. Our order arrived around 10:12a, not sure so long, cause there was the table of 4, us and two other tables that came in after, everyone else had finished and Gone. I had ordered my meal, with no home fries, but with slices of tomato instead, they never came on the plate. Did this waitress not pay attention to my wants for my Meal? I think not.

Our coffee was refilled a few times, and our original waitress came back asked if the meal was ok, and we asked for some peanut butter for his toast, she said she would be right back. We waited and waited and waited - how much longer did we have to wait, there were 2 other hostesses in the restaurant and they weren't busy...what gives? 10 minutes later another waitress comes back bringing the peanut butter in the meantime hubby used the jam, the toast was in his belly! What took these guys so long? There is no excuse for lack of service that day.

As for the tip, you work for your Tip, you help the customer in ALL of their needs, you don't just take info in, but not bring back - my sliced tomatoes, Peanut butter, etc. I normally tip 12% - 15% yesterday I only gave 5% work for your tip if there is a next time!

• Visited June 2013