“So very very spicy”

Coriander Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 117 Restaurants in Orangeville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
“So very very spicy”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. But it is probably the spiciest food ive ever had. A bold statement for a guy who loves spice. I nowbask to have the vindaloo toned down a bit and its excellent.

Collingwood, Canada
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a great indian restaurant. The food is a good quality, not greasy. Very tasty and flavourful. Service is very good. Menu has a good selection ranging from very mild to spicy. Prices are very resonable.

Definately recommended!

1 Thank harvey j
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Great Indian food! Hands down the best in the area. All dishes were served perfectly and tasted great. The kitchen is open so you can see them prepare your food. The naan is made fresh, and cooked in a clay oven. I recommend the vindaloo and tikka. The wait staff were very friendly and appreciative of having customers. My young kids even enjoyed the spicy dishes. It's ranked high in Orangeville for a good reason.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank RedRyder98
Toronto, Canada
“Good food,”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've been to Coriander Kitchen a few times and have mostly good things to say about it! The food is delicious and comes out very hot. I must say that I was a little weary of the quality of a new indian restaurant in a small town but for the most part, have not been disappointed. The owner and the staff are all friendly and the atmosphere is very inviting. The smells are amazing and you can smell them from all the way down the street! My only issues with the restaurant lie in the quality of the appetizers and the pricing. I have ordered the vegetable pakora and samosas before, and although delicious, sometimes taste as though they've been cooked, refrigerated, and reheated. Not as fresh as I had hoped but still edible. And this is not the case every time so don't let it deter you too much. My next, and probably largest, issue with the restaurant is the pricing. Ate here for dinner with a friend one night and by the time I had ordered an appetizer (pakoras for $5 or $6 if I'm not mistaken), my meal, rice (it doesn't come with the meal), and left a tip, the dinner cost me $30. And while the portions are fairly decent, I find it very hard to spend $30 on a meal for one person. I will definitely continue to eat here because as I said, the food is delicious, but this restaurant would go from a 4- to a 5-star for me if the pricing was slightly more reasonable. All in all though, great little indian restaurant in the heart of orangeville!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AndSheTravels
Erin, Ontario
“Not the Mother's Day present I expected:(”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

For Mother's Day I chose to try Coriander Kitchen in Orangeville. I've heard wonderful things and thought what a great treat for Mother's Day! Well the food was tasty but the orders half full. Our butter chicken had only enough in container for our children to try 4 cubes each (we only have two children)! We were shocked at the lack of food for $70. I'm assuming the chefs were unable to handle the demand of the Mother's Day rush. I'm very disappointed in my experience and what makes it worse is that my husband and daughter drove 30 minutes each way to pick the food up for mommy.

2 Thank byw4