“Neat, clean, tidy, helpful staff”
Review of Atlanta Motel

Atlanta Motel
Atlanta Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Orangeville
Barrie, Canada
“Neat, clean, tidy, helpful staff”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It is rather tired but is in the process of being refurbished. The room was clean and bathroom had a wash/shiny tub and toilet....thank you. The room was a good size and even when the motel was full, noise was at a minimum. The staff member was very helpful, allowed us to enter the room early due to issues and stated if there was any problem please just call him.
I would stay in this motel again!!! There are not many motels in Orangeville so be careful on the which one you chose.

Room Tip: They do have smoker's rooms for those of us that still have that bad habit.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Linda T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
liverpool
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The motel met all of our needs, clean, comfortable and within our price range. It is also situated on the local bus route which was most helpful as none of us were drivers. We found the staff helpful at all times even to the point of using their own car to take us to a train station so that we could go to Niagara Falls for the day, and then picking us up again at the end of the day, and they wouldn't accept any payment for this. I am certainly looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ann k
Reviewed December 28, 2012

After trying to make a point with the management, both the husband and wife broke down and left the office with my girlfriend and I left scratching our heads. We didn't even raise our voices. Nothing was resolved. Rooms are very "tired" and dated. I've done quite a few road and business trips and this has to be the worst room/motel/hotel I've ever stayed at. If we could have left and found another hotel that wasn't booked up, we would have.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank miteyguy
Drumbo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Although the motel was clean, it has been used to it,s full extent and badly needs to be refurbished. Flooring badly worn. Bureau has had the doors taken off. Mildew on bathroom grout. I would not want to take my wife there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Penetanguishene, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I spent a Sunday night at this place during July. Outward appearances were not deceiving, it is an older style motor inn. It is on the main street, so I give it marks for location.
But it is very tired, rooms dreary. What bothered me most was the lack of a sink in the bathroom. The sink is in the main room outside the bathroom door.
The bathroom was below standard, poorly painted, not nice in appearance. Yes, the bed was average, the t.v. was newer and worked well with lots of channel choice.
Staff were helpful.
Would I go back? No, not unless I was stuck for a place.
It reminded me of cheap motels where one would go after the prom to make out with one's date.
The price, about $90.00 incl. tax, was too much for this type of accomodation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill W
Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 24, 2011

If you require luxury and lots of amenities, this is not the place for you.
If you need a clean, neat, comfortable room with a good bed, clean bathroom, a good TV and
Wi-Fi, this is your place at a very reasonable price.
There is a microwave and small coffeemaker in the room.
The desk person was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and directions in the area.
There is a small restaurant next door for breakfast and lunch.
I stayed for two nights and was very comfortable.
When I return to Orangeville, I will use this motel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Charlie0821
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orangeville
Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn & Suites
Best Western Halton Hills
Best Western Halton Hills
#1 of 1 in Georgetown
Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre

Been to Atlanta Motel? Share your experiences!