“Very Reasonably Priced for Basic Viet/Thai Style Food”

South 88 Viet Thai Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 120 Restaurants in Orangeville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 27, 2012

It would seem that South 88 has now become quite well established in Orangeville. I wish the rating system had a level of "Good" between "Very Good" or "Average". This place is GOOD in my opinion, with fast service and generous portions. But when it comes to flavour I have to say that I will swing towards average rather than very good. I hope they do well as it certainly fills the need when we just want something fresh and well prepared without paying a fortune. But at the end of the day it is what it is, and if South 88 disappeared then it would not be the end of the world unlike some of the newer and more interesting restaurants in Orangeville.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

They only take cash. The BBQ pork soup is wonderful. All their soups are delicious. My hubby likes their pad thai too. Its crowded to eat in but the takeout is just as good as the eat in.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Ordered the shrimp pad Thai! Take-out. Terrible, the rice noodles were a pile of mush, over cooked, definitely not going back.

1  Thank golfcaledon
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I love this place, I have been here like 50 times and it's always super good. I often have fried rice with pineapple and I always get spring rolls and lime soda.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

If your looking for an inexpensive thai restaurant with GREAT food, South 88 is the place to go, I recommend the cold rolls for an appitizer, and the pan fried salmon was fantastic. My boyfriend and I had a delicious meal for about $30. Will be returning soon