“Always a good choice!”

HCMC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a good choice!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Have traveling/live around the world, when I come back to Orangeville to visit my family, I also have to visit Soulyve as the food is amazing! The reggae wrap and roti are delicious. More recently my boyfriend came down to visit and requested we went back as last year's experience left him wanting more. The restaurant vibe to small and relaxed so it is to be expected that one might have to wait- but it's worth it! Portions are large enough to share and why not sample a smaller dish while waiting for your main, a simple patty comes to the table not looking so simple.
Keep it up and I will keep come back!

• Visited July 2013

Ontario, Canada
“Yuck!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Pretty much a waste of gas and time. A friend and I recently went there and we called in advance and still had to wait between 30-45 minutes for food. When we finally got it, they got two out four items wrong. Unfortunately I don't think I was the only one that did because we saw a lot of people coming back with complaints with their order.
Now to the food, unfortunately the front staff is not educated on the food so please do your research before you go. And the amazing reggae wrap was so so. It was a great concept but nothing that I would drive back to get. I also got oxtail and rice which they ran out of white rice and wanted to give me basmati rice, which I've never heard of in a Caribbean restaurant and then after all that they gave me the wrong order! The oxtail poutine was another experience that I could have done without. They use turnips instead of fries, which is a great concept except the turnips were really bitter and there was no oxtail! We ended up throwing it away after a few bites.
I'm sure others have had better experience, but myself having Caribbean roots, this was a shameful and non-authentic experience.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank StrawberryPicking
Soulyve, Manager at Soulyve Caribbean Kitchen, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Sorry to hear we wasted your gas and time. We are in the midst of training some new staff, so yes there will unfortunately be some mistakes, comes with the territory. And also, we are sorry to hear you did not feel the food was up to your standards. We'd love for you to come back for us to make it up to us. Thanks for taking the time to write this review
“Reggae wraps are amazing!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Love the food at soulyve, especially the samosas and reggae wraps. Everything is always so fresh! I always try to go before/after the dinner rush as service can be slow... still worth the wait though.

• Visited June 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“You've got to eat here!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

After seeing Soulyve featured on "You've Got to Eat Here" we made the 45 minute trek to Orangeville to check it out. It was very busy when we got there and we did not think to make reservations, but we were greeted by a friendly waitress and offered beverages while we waited. When the wait was longer than anticipated they brought us some delish chips (on the house) to tide us over. Our table waitress was just ok. She seemed a bit distracted and forgot a couple of items we asked for, but we just let it go because when our order arrived it was more than enough food. My daughter and I both really enjoyed the Reggae Wraps while my husband had the curry goat. While the food was very good, we all prefer more heat so would ask for them to kick it up next time but will definitely be going back ... with a reservation this time :)

• Visited May 2013
Ontario
“Dining experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My order of Curried Lamb was wonderful. It was very flavourful and plenty. I have eaten here often and never had a bad meal. This includes their take out.The only negitative I have is their takeout containers need to be inproved so that any liquids in the meal don't leak out.

• Visited June 2013