“I cant wait”

Soulyve Caribbean Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 117 Restaurants in Orangeville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
“I cant wait”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I live in Peel but every now and then i get to travel to Orangeville for business and every time I have to go to Orangeville i get excited cause i know that im going to get some good food for lunch or dinner. I brought a few of my work colleagues here for dinner and they all loved the food every single one of them. I have an appointment in Orangeville in January and i Cant wait.

• Visited December 2012
Soulyve, Owner at Soulyve Caribbean Kitchen, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a positive review for Soulyve! We really appreciate it. Happy to hear we have become a go-to stop when you're in town, and we look forward to seeing you in this month!

-Soulyve

Caledon, Canada
“Delightful Caribbean surprise in Orangeville!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant tonight based on the fabulous reviews in TripAdvisor and even though we knew how highly it rated, we were nonetheless surprised by the clever menu and the great service. We're both gluten-free, and the waitress was a terrific help in choosing items that we can safely eat. I had delicious jerk chicken (juicy and flavourful) served with beans and rice and a beet salad. There were also a few deep fried yam chips on the plate. My husband got the goat (agggh!) and said it tasted as good as the goat he enjoyed many years ago in Jamaica. We shared some fried plantain. While the wine is expensive ($9 a glass for an okay merlot), the meal was very reasonably priced. If I weren't on such a restrictive diet, I would have loved to try the samosas. They looked fantastic. Having visited the Caribbean, I thought the food was authentic, but you'll likely want to trust the opinion of someone more experienced with the cuisine. We plan to visit this restaurant again soon...and often. There's a great selection so we'll be able to try lots of new items before we've run out of options. One note about the waitress: she was a doll...a really delightful young lady who made us feel very welcome at Soulyve. What a treasure to find in Orangeville!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Deborah K
Thank you so much for such a positive and in depth review about Soulyve! Very pleased to hear you enjoyed your first experience here! We strive to satisfy so many types of diets - from gluten free, to vegan to those just wanting a healthy meal. We very much look forward to having you and your husband back in again soon!

-Soulyve Caribbean Kitchen
Ontario
“Real taste of the Carribean”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Make many trips so you can try it all!!! You can eat in or take out. Also you can order roti shells to take home!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Canwatt
Orangeville, Canada
“A great place for lunch. Excellent, friendly service and delicious food at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A great place for lunch. Excellent, friendly service and delicious food at reasonable prices. I notice that the menu has expanded and is becoming a popular dinner spot.
I often stop in for take out and occasionally will meet friends here for lunch.
The only thing that disappoints me is that they only take cash and that takes a bit of planning (I have changed lunch plans several times when I noticed I didn;t have cash in my wallet).

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank SavouryAndSweet
Soulyve, Owner at Soulyve Caribbean Kitchen, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your positive response. Firstly, we'd like to let you know that we DO now accept debit and credit! We had the machine installed in October, so interac, visa and mastercard are all accepted! Hopefully that means you won't have to miss out next time!
Orangeville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Authentic Jamaican Experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I absolutely love this place and come at least once a week. If only they were open Mondays! The food is wonderful. Ive tried quite a few things on the menu, and they have quick grabs such as Jamaican patty's to full meals with jerk chicken on rice. I love the spicy items on the menu the best. They also have some great salads. The employees really set the stage for that authentic Jamaican restaurant feeling. They are enthusiastic and fun and i believe by the sound of their accents most of them are Jamaican.
Defiantly a must try

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank rcp600
Soulyve, Owner at Soulyve Caribbean Kitchen, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thanks so much for the positive review of Soulyve! We do strive to make it as authentic as possible, while offering a fusion of Caribbean fare with popular items in North America. Our head chef, Phil is from Jamaica and has brought a wealth of knowledge of the food here. And... some good news.. starting in November we WILL be open on Mondays for full service! Look forward to seeing you in again soon!