“Friends and fishing trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noelville
Crane's Lochaven Wilderness Lodge
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our 7th visit to Cranes Loch Haven Wilderness Lodge. It is like visiting family. Can't say enough great things about the owners and the staff! Love the fishing too! This is my annual trip to "heaven". The French River offers a wide variety of fishing experiences for all levels of fisherpeople! Every trip we meet people who have been going there 20 years or more. That says a lot !

Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Digger555
There are newer reviews for Crane's Lochaven Wilderness Lodge

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We spent 3 days at this picturesquee lodge the weekend of October 4 2013.
The peace , tranquility and quiet were worth the price of admission.
The stars at night spectacular - no city lights.
There were 4 of us and we were given cabin 12
The bath and bedrooms were spotless and very comfortable. The beds were warm and comfortable.
The staff and owners went out of their way to make us feel at home and comfortable.
Josh our guide and taxi from land to the island was a great young guy. He also prepared a great shore lunch for us.
The dining room and meals were great - Prime rib, Turkey, eggs benedict etc etc.
Coffee and tea were provided for the boat in thermos bottles that we brought along.
We had two boats between 4 of us so lots of room to maneuver.
We were too tired at days end to enjoy the comfortable Rec room and facilities
The rates were reasonable and we plan on going back next year (maybe an annual getaway?) with a larger group.
Thank you Sue, Ed, Josh, Cindy , Alaska and everyone else - you guys were the best.
Doug, Mike, Bobbie & Nino.

Room Tip: They all have a great vieww of the water
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doug W
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The location, the fishing, the staff, the food, the lodging, the atmosphere; It's all Top Notch! To be honest if you go here and have any complaints it is likely YOU that is the issue. We are making this an annual trip now. Thank you Crane Family and Staff!

Dan B. Shelburne, ON

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dan B
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I just returned home from my third trip to Crane's and am currently trying to figure out how I can get back this Fall.

For me, it is truly home away from home. The hospitality at Lochaven is second to none. Although led by the owners, the welcoming spirit is exuded by all staff members. "Part of the family" is the best way I can describe it.

Cabins are very comfortable. Daily housekeeping keeps everything in good order.

The food is perfect for my tastes. Ample portions, a good variety of entrees and always a great dessert are the rule.

As to the fishing, the fish are there. Sometimes it's a little harder to figure them out, but that's fishing.

The only bad thing about visiting Crane's - all too soon, you have to go home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Tim S
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was my 24th year to stay at Lochaven Lodge. It is like a family reunion every spring. The camp's strong suit is the hospitality you receive. From the owners to the entire crew, you are always treated with smiles and a caring attitude.
As with all Canadian fishing, it is sometimes fantastic and sometimes slow. In recent years the number of fish caught are fewer, but the size has gone up over earlier years. The river system has a diverse shoreline that will accommodate any style of fishing you wish to employ plus areas of deep water.
The camp facilities are clean and comfortable and the food is varied and good. Located on an island in a large island filled area of the French River, you feel isolated in a beautiful wilderness of pine trees, granite, clean water and a variety of wildlife.
This year's spectacular addition to the scenery was a 50-60 foot long beaver dam. Animal engineering at it's best !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been to Lochaven six times, five times between eleven and sixteen years ago. My children were 3 and 5 years old the first time we went and still talk about the vacations we had for five years at Lochaven. I returned with just my wife last September the first time in 10 years, the kids are off to college. We spent 10 days and had a wonderful very relaxing time. The home cooked food is excellent. The Crane family is a wonderful host. The staff is extremely friendly, nice, and will help in any way possible. If you enjoy the outdoors then you will love it here. The scenery is beautiful, the sunsets and sunrises look like paintings I have seen many animals and birds when out fishing including Loons, Bald Eagles, Ospreys, Beavers, Deer and a Bear. The fishing is what you dream of. I am an avid fisherman and can't wait to return in September. The fishing is always above average, plenty of bass (Large mouth and Small mouth up to 20 inches) , Walleye up to 26 inches, Northern Pike and if you fish for them Musky. My son caught his first Musky when we were at Lochaven when he was eight or nine. Last September I caught my three largest Muskies. One morning I caught a 48 1/2" fish and 49" fish less than an hour apart by 10 am. I caught 52 1/2 inch fish just before lunch on a different day. I also boated a 44 inch Musky one evening just before dark. I recommend that you take a guide for a day early in your trip to find the areas the fish are biting in. The rates for a guide are very reasonable, and the guides are pleasant, extremely knowledgeable about fishing and about the area's scenery. My wife and I are planning a trip in September for two weeks for our upcoming 25th Wedding Anniversary. If you enjoy the outdoors you will love it at Crane's Lochaven Wilderness Lodge.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank David N
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been to Lochaven about 4 times now and I have loved every trip. You are greeted with hugs and a complimentary bottle of wine. Everyone there is extremely nice, the meals are all home cooked, you are literally in a resort within the middle of the Canadian wilderness- it-is-beautiful! I recently became gluten free and the staff were extremely accommodating to my gluten free diet. The fishing was amazing (like it always is) and the scenery is to die for. You are simply a fool if you did not enjoy your stay at Lochaven!

Room Tip: each cabin is unique and beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank monika_guincho
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noelville
Wolseley Lodge
#1 of 4 in Port Loring
Happy Landing Lodge
Happy Landing Lodge
#6 of 8 in Noelville

Been to Crane's Lochaven Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!